• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Woes

Grizaje

May 23, 2010
So I Tried calling Sprint today and see if I can get any special offers for renewing my contract.
My contract is set to expire in 3 months,
I was hoping to get them to allow me to bill the Evo phone to my account, but I had 2 missed payments (one not my fault, change of adress and my service got disconnected and the other, just late) because of that, I didnt have 18 CONSECUTIVE MONTH to switch my 150 spending limit to unlimited.
Thus I am unable to bill my phone.
I tried fighting this and no good.

I mentioned my contract is up in 3 months, I went from a 99.99 plan to a 39.99 about 3 months ago because my SPRINT PHONE got broken. I am currently using a AT&T Razr phone (my family spare phone and on their plan) and intrested in both the new Iphone that Steve Jobs announced yesterday at the WWDC and the HTC EVO

So I mention to the credit line dept, rentention, rentention supervisor about I am intrested in renewing and staying with sprint if I can either get my phone billed to my account or some other discount, primarily I have been told through co-worker they have recieved a $20/24mo and a $10/24mo offer.

Noone budget or countered with any offer. They mention they dont do any discount for the evo. went back to the credit line dept and asked for their supervisor. I was willing to work on a finicial plan, every 2 weeks I will make a payment - they cant do it.

Back to rentention supervisor - decline for 20/24 10/24...
I guess I will finish my 3 months left and become an iphone guy - seems Sprint really doesnt care about my money. Which is a shocker - they arent losing any $ by charging to my account to begin with! that with a 99.99 data plan + 10fee vs my exsisting 39.99 non data plan... wtf sprint.. good job!...

I Guess my next course of action is wait for a few weeks and try again with rentention. Show them, Im not desperate for the EVO phone and I want a discount.

Well, you may say "not my fault", but the financial system that calculates risk vs benefit has you outweighed as a risk. Chalk it up to a good lesson on accepting responsibility for paying bills on time. You want a smart phone but you still get paper bills? Try online billing...it works great and can keep you from getting in this kind of predicament again.

Upvote 0
So I Tried calling Sprint today and see if I can get any special offers for renewing my contract.
My contract is set to expire in 3 months,
I was hoping to get them to allow me to bill the Evo phone to my account, but I had 2 missed payments (one not my fault, change of adress and my service got disconnected and the other, just late) because of that, I didnt have 18 CONSECUTIVE MONTH to switch my 150 spending limit to unlimited.
Thus I am unable to bill my phone.
I tried fighting this and no good.

I mentioned my contract is up in 3 months, I went from a 99.99 plan to a 39.99 about 3 months ago because my SPRINT PHONE got broken. I am currently using a AT&T Razr phone (my family spare phone and on their plan) and intrested in both the new Iphone that Steve Jobs announced yesterday at the WWDC and the HTC EVO

So I mention to the credit line dept, rentention, rentention supervisor about I am intrested in renewing and staying with sprint if I can either get my phone billed to my account or some other discount, primarily I have been told through co-worker they have recieved a $20/24mo and a $10/24mo offer.

Noone budget or countered with any offer. They mention they dont do any discount for the evo. went back to the credit line dept and asked for their supervisor. I was willing to work on a finicial plan, every 2 weeks I will make a payment - they cant do it.

Back to rentention supervisor - decline for 20/24 10/24...
I guess I will finish my 3 months left and become an iphone guy - seems Sprint really doesnt care about my money. Which is a shocker - they arent losing any $ by charging to my account to begin with! that with a 99.99 data plan + 10fee vs my exsisting 39.99 non data plan... wtf sprint.. good job!...

I Guess my next course of action is wait for a few weeks and try again with rentention. Show them, Im not desperate for the EVO phone and I want a discount.

No, I think the point is they ARE interested in your money, but this isn't a candy bar you are buying and wanting them to bill you on. As a business owner I suggest you pay on time consistently and faithfully and build your credit with them. You admit that you were late, and your current plan isn't even a data plan and you have two late payments & a cancellation (I don't think they cancel after 30 days only) so Sprint is going to want to see some good credit worthiness from you. You can't blame them for protecting their business interests, can you? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Well, you may say "not my fault", but the financial system that calculates risk vs benefit has you outweighed as a risk. Chalk it up to a good lesson on accepting responsibility for paying bills on time. You want a smart phone but you still get paper bills? Try online billing...it works great and can keep you from getting in this kind of predicament again.

Not receiving a statement is the lamest excuse ever. Sorry, but it's true. If you sent them a payment and the postal service lost it, you would be mad at them even though it wasn't there fault, correct?

Upvote 0
to clear some air - first change of adress and I didnt recieve the bill and forgot, sorry I work 12+ hrs a day and I come home, eat, sleep.

second simply late and allowed it to go to disconnection, forgot to pay, full fault.

I am also a premiere customer, I have my 70 credit, 150 upgrade, 25% discount, I used to be on the 99 plan until that sprint phone broke.
than I lowered my plan to thier 29.99
6 months x 30 = 180 vs 200 cancellation.

I normally kept my balance at zero regardless. Yeah I understand I might fall under the "risk" but lets not paint me out to full high risk category which I am not.

WWDC - wasnt there something going on, on the 2nd of June with Apple? werent they gonna announce something - guess if it wasnt yesterday and that rep knew, I was caught on that lie/bluff. lol d'oh

regardless im in no rush for the evo and I shall have them bend backward - atleast give me the 10/24 deal and I will renewal.

I was hoping to charge the phone to the bill and cross my finger and see if my 25% corporate discount affects it.

Upvote 0
WWDC - wasnt there something going on, on the 2nd of June with Apple? werent they gonna announce something - guess if it wasnt yesterday and that rep knew, I was caught on that lie/bluff. lol d'oh
Steve Jobs did a live interview on stage at the All Things Digital conference yesterday. But, he didn't announce anything new. That's probably what you're thinking of. You can read the highlights here: Steve Jobs at D8: Foxconn, iPhone prototype, TVs, and more -- Engadget

However, the announcement for the next iPhone is supposed to come on June 7th.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones