• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint's network Vision upgrade is a good thing

Codegerm

Android Expert
Jul 13, 2011
Gainesville, FL
I did a little reading on the Vision upgrade Sprint is doing, and from what I can see it benefits us as well (explains why in areas that it has been done people start having WiMAX where they haven't before). Their plans could pay off for them as they switch iDEN towers over to the multi-mode wide band towers.

Sprint Chooses Radically Different Approach for LTE Network, And It May Pay Off

iDEN is the love child of Liberace and Betty White. iDEN needs to go away.

Clear up the towers for upgrades.

I wish to thank you for the nightmares I will have now LOL..

iDEN (Nextel) had its day. It was very popular with businesses and CB loving rednecks (they liked the walkie-talkie part).

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
iDEN is the love child of Liberace and Betty White.
Hum, ok this explains Russel Brand. Also explains why all of a sudden i have WiMax in my home area when a year ago i didn't. I was hoping they were going to expand the WiMax network since they now own a chunk of Clear. If they were smart they could do well in the internet providing arena. We only have the choice of MaBell and Comcast in my area, a second provider would do well.

I am glad with the mix-match from Sprint to New Sprint to whatever... Sprint is looking to the future. I have been with Sprint since 1998 and for the most part have been satisfied (not always happy but satisfied). Now i just wish Boost had a newer selection of phones. IMHO Sprint needs to give up on the post paid model and move totally to the pre-paid model. They want the ability lock you in but if they are giving you a good product and good service the customer will not leave.

Reactions: bilgerryan
Upvote 0
From what I was told WiMAX is the next iDEN!

:(:mad:
Hum, ok this explains Russel Brand. Also explains why all of a sudden i have WiMax in my home area when a year ago i didn't. I was hoping they were going to expand the WiMax network since they now own a chunk of Clear. If they were smart they could do well in the internet providing arena. We only have the choice of MaBell and Comcast in my area, a second provider would do well.

I am glad with the mix-match from Sprint to New Sprint to whatever... Sprint is looking to the future. I have been with Sprint since 1998 and for the most part have been satisfied (not always happy but satisfied). Now i just wish Boost had a newer selection of phones. IMHO Sprint needs to give up on the post paid model and move totally to the pre-paid model. They want the ability lock you in but if they are giving you a good product and good service the customer will not leave.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones