Sprints new 3.28.651.1 OTA for rooted users only.

Last Updated:

1. Daft Punk

Daft Punk Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. gordon1hd1

gordon1hd1 Well-Known Member

Ya i am running this ROM now, insane standby battery life. So far I am averaging < 1% battery drain per hour on standby, vs before i was getting 1.5% to 2% battery drain on the official Froyo Rom.

I just flash this rom right on top of the Froyo ROM, no wipe or anything needed, been running most of the day, no FC or any unstable behavior detected so far.

Oh also a bonus functionality: the ability to switch in and out of Bluetooth Headset during the call by bring up the menu through menu key.

So far i am very impressed with this ROM. Once i get more time to play with it for a couple days, I will report back more finding. So far in my opinion, if you are running the Rooted Sense Froyo rom, there is no reason not to upgrade to this rom, or Fresh 3.2

3. jongo

jongo Active Member

does anyone know when this will be released for stock evo no root?

4. tardmobile

tardmobile Well-Known Member

wow, Mitch can finally take a nap after hearing this news.

5. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

I am running fresh 3.2, and battery life is great thus far. 10 hours got me to 60% and that was with about 2 hours of phone.
    p.s. i am underclocked and running netarchy kernel

6. lastdetailwd

lastdetailwd Member

I am running CyanogenMod-6. Is this update something that I can just flash with my current ROM?

7. DirtyDozen

DirtyDozen Active Member

I'm a noob so I got a dumb question... Do you just put this on your SD card and go to into recovery mode and install it or is it more to it?

8. jgalan14

jgalan14 Well-Known Member

Yeah justdont forget the name of the Rom if you have more then one

9. kast107

kast107 Active Member

Also don't forget to do a nandroid backup first. Then wipe data and caches. Just a suggestion, just in case.

10. marleynyc

marleynyc Well-Known Member

JUST downloaded it and using it now. (Fresh 3.2 that is) It is AWESOME! also using netarchy kernel kernel 4.1.8 for faster FPS

11. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

I just flashed the stock. Didn't wipe any of my data or apps. Lost my bootanimation.zip and sound; all the sprint crapware is back; had to reconfigure bash shell. Had to reflash my custom battery indicator. Looks like I'm back to "normal." Time to nandroid backup.

12. SilverZero

SilverZero Member

To all the users touting the battery life with the new OTA or with Fresh 3.2.0.0 and netarchy's kernel: Isn't the battery life supposed to be improved by the new HTC kernel that Flipz is including in Fresh? So if you're using netarchy's kernel, aren't you negating the whole battery-life upgrade?

I may be wrong, but this is from the Fresh thread at XDA:

"New kernel by HTC (g3a8614e) - This kernel has been showing some amazing battery life. It is "stock" so it won't give you overclocking however both myself and freshlyill have gone 1.5 days without charging under normal/medium use."

Also, see post #3298 here.

13. novox77

I had this same worry as well. I'm waiting to see if the kernel modders will use this new stock kernel as its base. Then we'll have the best of both worlds. But the fact is, I get better battery life with my netarchy kernel when I underclock the phone when idle.

14. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

OK, so is this kernel overclockable? Got impression from Fresh it isn't. I am assuming this wont work with cm6.

15. novox77

It's highly unlikely that perflock is disabled with this stock kernel. So, no, you won't be able to overclock. Even if your app/widget says it's overclocking, it likely isn't.

On another note, I flashed netarchy 4.1.7 over this ROM and shit hit the fan. 4G was busted (the toggle was unresponsive) and my phone locked up later on. Had to pull the battery. I nandroid restored back to 3.26.x.

16. SilverZero

SilverZero Member

They will. But at the same time, the new netarchy (4.1.9.1) already has HAVS included, as do Kingx's recent versions.

It is not overclockable, and it's not for CM6. You can get the kernel from 3.2.0.0 using Fresh Updater, though, just in case you flash another one and want to revert. But it's only for Fresh, maybe other Sense themes.

In any event, I just tested a brand-new 3.2.0.0 install with the included kernel, netarchy's 4.1.9.1, and Kingx's BFS #8. When overclocked to 1152, Kingx's is a clear winner for me in Quadrant (1553), FPS2D (54 FPS, 1.78 SD), and Linpack (39.211). With HAVS, it should do just fine on battery life as well, but that remains to be proven. :)

17. Maverrique

Maverrique Member

Flashed 3.28, didn't wipe anything beforehand, my only issue is gmail fc'ing on me. Will report back if/when I fix this

18. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Not likely to be any time soon. The source code for the new kernel has to be released by HTC before it can be modded and since this OTA isn't even official yet, it may take quite a while.

19. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

If you are using titanium backup, wipe data for gmail, and it should work fine

20. Maverrique

Maverrique Member

Damn, wish I would have checked back and saw this. I fixed the problem, but with a full wipe

All is well now though, I just see it as an excuse to be on my EVO for the next hour or 2 putting everything back the way I had it =)

21. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I assume that you aren't using Titanium Backup because it would restore your phone automatically after a wipe.

22. themandan

themandan Member

I usually take this to mean setting up the screens the way they used to be. AFAIK Titanium Backup will not put the items back in the location on the screens from when you had performed the backup, will it?

For this, before I wiped last night, I opened an Excel spread sheet and labeled 7 screens and filled in each cell for a 1x1 app/widget. It worked really well.

I guess same could be done with screen shots as well.

23. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Yes, it actually restores all of your settings including your screen setup.

24. cdd543

cdd543 Well-Known Member

As mentioned earlier you don't get the benefit of the better battery life of the htc kernel in fresh 3.2 if you flash with netarchy. Battery life was nice looking with 3.2, but I went ahead with netarchy 4.1.8 cfs and it seems great so far. Very smooth.

25. skunkd

skunkd Well-Known Member

just upgraded without a hitch, cleared my caches and installed over my rooted stock 2.2 ota

also PSfreedom works perfect with this update to hack ur ps3's :) i can confirm it working!