• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
$350??? Why? Isn't everybody else at 299?? How does this make any sense??

Skep I was with sprint for the htc evo 4g lte disaster and I had my evo before the customs hold up due to pre ordering super early but yeah that was a fiasco and I can't wait to get my hands on the note 3 through the new sprint one up program I'm trading my s3 in and upgrading early for this babyyy!!!!

I've been wondering the same thing.

TS

Me 3. I overslept this morning, so I missed my typical routine on reading up on news before getting up to get ready for work. I'm still trying to figure out the logic behind it. Maybe just to be a little greedy (and get as much money from launch as possible) and then dropping price right after?

Wow! $350 on contract.... Didn't see that coming!

I was hoping that I'd see some info on an article saying, "$349 for the 64gb version"...but of course, no mention of that at all.

WHo knows..it may change. They did the same thing with the s4 and dropped the price

I do know I am hoping I can get my hands on one of the Smart Gear as a demo though!

I forgot that they did that for the S4. Still doesn't quite make sense to me, but I guess they're trying to recoup money for Softbank?...LOL.

None of this will really affect my getting the phone, until Best Buy officially starts offering a pre-order (if any) or has the Sprint version on launch date, unlike last year's delay of 2 weeks (after launch).

Upvote 0
I'll probably end up in the what I should have said thread, but screw it.

I look it over and over again and it still does not make sense. In fact its actually pissed me off so much that even though i am a Sprint advocate over in the Sprint forums, I've voiced my opinion of how ridiculous this price is.
Try as I may, I fail to see the reason behind this price. Do they actually think they will get more customers when most folks just see the price difference and go for the cheaper one.

As for a 64 GB version, nope, looking at the FAQs it is indeed for the 32GB version. So that makes the price even more hard to swallow.

The only reasons I can come up with are..
1-It's to make the iPhone more attractive (since they still need to sell so many of them as per their agreement)
2-There is something else that they are not saying to justify the price, or
3-They are just stupid and some suit in the high office thought it was a good idea to offset the price of the One Up plan.

Any person who doesn't know any better will still see the price and go for another carrier that has it cheaper.
Those that are in the know and understand about the LTE bands won't probably get it either since it is not a tri-band device. With markets coming on line each day with LTE and 800 LTE, it makes no sense to sell a one band device. Especially when the Mega and the S4 are.

Bottom line is that this decision will not help Sprint bring more customers, but rather may send die hard Note fans over to other carriers.

TS out (of more rants)

Upvote 0
Totally agree TS. I've been waiting for the release information from Sprint on the N3, and just don't get the price premium against other carriers.

First off, where I'm at (Honolulu, HI) they haven't rolled out LTE yet, so unlimited data is fairly irrelevant considering I'm always using WIFI to download stuff.

Second, I'm done with my 2 year agreement, so why would you put me in a position where the competition is actually "more" attractive than staying with Sprint?

Just doesn't make sense, if anything I'm in your boat where it actually makes me kind of irritated that I'm being treated this way. I let it go when they got rid of my gold status (10+ years with Sprint), I let it go when they jumped ship from WIMAX to LTE (effectively taking away my 4G service in Hawaii). But now you just want to charge me a higher price on a new device.... just because? Doesn't make sense, and is rather insulting.

Reactions: twospirits
Upvote 0
Mahalo for your comments.

yeah hawaii has it bad, every single site that has requested a permit to work on NV is either rejected or stuck in some sort of limbo. I kn ow things are slower out there with everything coming from the mainland but come on.
Anyway, my only options here in NYC are to either
A: Replace my Hotspot with the newer Tri-fi hotspot, get the Note 3 and get on the One up plan so i can upgrade next year to a Tri-fi Note 4 and stay on Sprint.
B: Forget getting the Note 3 and stay with the Note 2 but still upgrade my hotspot to the newer Tri-Fi hotspot and stay on Sprint.
C: Leave sprint to get the Note 3.

C is out of the question, but A and B are going to be hard to decide.

TS out

Upvote 0
My only guess would be that Sprint is the last unlimited carrier out there so they are basically saying you can have unlimited data but you are gunna pay more for the phone. If it's not because of that then I have no idea why they would charge more than other carriers.

See i dont see that as a reason... Tmo is truly unlimited as much as sprint and yet their note 3 is only $199 with their financing... So that would be a pitiful excuse by sprint imo

Upvote 0
See i dont see that as a reason... Tmo is truly unlimited as much as sprint and yet their note 3 is only $199 with their financing... So that would be a pitiful excuse by sprint imo

Well, if you actually use the 1 up program, then it's 0 down for Sprint + financing. Not saying the $349 is justified, but part of me thinks it's their ploy to entice people to not only get one of the new plans, but also join the 1up program.

Upvote 0
Well..the one up program would be on full retail not the $349..so you can't really compare the two...

it would be full retail /24= monthly fee-$15...which will most likely be a killer deal (assuming you only keep it a year and get the Note 4 next year)

This is exactly what I was thinking about. Getting the Note 3 now and then the Note 4 next year. But I don't want to pay anymore money on my plan than I already do.

Upvote 0
Well..the one up program would be on full retail not the $349..so you can't really compare the two...

it would be full retail /24= monthly fee-$15...which will most likely be a killer deal (assuming you only keep it a year and get the Note 4 next year)

I was just referencing that in comparison to t-mobile 199 down. That price is still paying full retail.

Upvote 0
I agree the extra fifty dollars sucks but for me to switch to a new carrier would raise my monthly bill about $80. I'll complain here about the higher price but I'm going to pay it. I don't have a choice if I want the new phone.

The alternative is to keep the phone I have for who knows how long. That ain't gonna happen.

Upvote 0
yep $349 for those upgrading.....just picked one up today....sprint did not have much in terms of accessories though.

Does it have a mail in rebate? I thought it did

So far I have been in Sprint body glove case and screen protection

Att...1 generic flip book case

Best buy...zagg shields

And verizon..nothing. The release the 7th or 10th

Upvote 0
Does it have a mail in rebate? I thought it did

So far I have been in Sprint body glove case and screen protection

Att...1 generic flip book case

Best buy...zagg shields

And verizon..nothing. The release the 7th or 10th
No mail in rebate...... got it for $349 out the door. Yeah I was bummed that there was no accessories right off the bat. I was hoping for the s view cases, but I can wait.

BB told me that verizon will get it on the tenth.

Upvote 0
Did you ask them if they had sold many? or did the store open at 10am? I'm just curious if they are flying out the door or not.... I'm like an employee of sprint because my brother works there and I'm on his plan so the sooner there is more ample supply the sooner I get one.

i was there 15 mins after opening and i was the first to get one there. i asked a few days earlier if there was a pro-order to ensure i get one and they said not to worry and that they doubt there will be a huge demand for it especially the 2 yr contract price being higher then other phones. you should be able to pick one up with no problems.

Reactions: Lateck
Upvote 0
Well folks I went to sprint today and traded in my GS III upgraded to the one up program and only paid $42 for my GALAXY Note 3 hahaha I LOVE IT !!!!! And to top it off I wasn't eligible for an upgrade until march 2014 but since I have good credit and pay my sprint bill before I ever even get the bill every time on time sprint loves me and hooked me up!!! So far the note 3 has been amazing to me and absolutely flawless I love it absolutely love it !!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones