Spyware?Support

Last Updated:

1. EVOid

EVOid Active Member This Topic's Starter

I picked up my phone and it had a weird screen on it that looked like some that I saw when people have rooted their phones (from posts).

It had options like "bootloader" and "power down" on it so I used the rocker bar to scroll and get out of it by powering down.

My question is this: someone I know was talking about spyware that can be put on laptops and computers and now this happened when they were around...is this just a glitch or could it be indicative of spyware having been put on my phone?

Any help is appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member

why isint your phone rooted? But anyways your phone probably just crashed. I wouldn't worry about it but theres several virus scanner apps out there. look for one by norton anti virus, its a scanner and built in phone gps locator incase it gets lost and you can wipe your phone remotely incase its stolen. its in beta right now but its free search in the market

3. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

You probably somehow held down the specific buttons necessary for restarting into bootloader mode (volume down + power IIRC). Spyware wouldn't do that at all (not to mention the whole idea is silly).

4. EVOid

EVOid Active Member This Topic's Starter

Skittles: I haven't rooted my phine yet cause i'm a wous and am afraid of bricking out my phone....I am working on building up the courage though! I'll def look into the virus scanner. I have one already but will look into Norton's

Vincent Law: That sounds reasonable....and yes I know my theory is a bit out there but I am paranoid with all of the tech spying stuff these days

Thanks for the input guys!

5. skittlesV1

skittlesV1 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about bricking your phone, when I first got my evo I had almost no android knowledge and I was able to root it but if you just follow a guide you will get through it no problem.