• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps SQLite Database creation problem?

HK2

Lurker
May 15, 2012
Hi, i'm currently trying to produce an assignment.

I'm currently working on an app to display a list of courses from a College prospectus. I think this requires the creation of a database (never done this before) of which the courses are stored, then on each page on the app you then 'get' different types of courses from the database. eg on my part time course page you would be searching the database for 'partime' entries. I made a drawing to try and describe what im trying to accomplish. I have no idea how to create the database and then retrieve the courses on the pages in my drawing (it makes me look so special haha) Hope it kinda makes more sense.

I have tried to adapt a DBAdapter from another project to work, but my experience in Java is very limited and my knowledge of some of the code i almost certainly don't need in that file is really giving me problems.

If there is anyone who can help me achieve what i'm aiming to produce (in image below) please help
frown.gif

http://s9.postimage.org/ez0k41ial/example.png

Attachments

• myapp.zip
    134.1 KB · Views: 40

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones