Square (credit card reader) ZTE WarpTips

1. SyntaxError

SyntaxError Member

I Just ordered the Square credit/debit card reader for my small business. Has anyone tried it on the warp yet? If Not I Will report back when it arrives.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Marknderm

Marknderm Well-Known Member

How does it work on the warp may I ask? I do not know anything about those things and you have my intrest, what all can you do with one?
  3. SyntaxError

SyntaxError Member

Its a Small credit card reader that plugs into the headphone jack, The website said it works with most phones with a microphone pin in the 3.5mm jack, so im assuming that it converts the info on the card to sound that the downloaded app can read. Its a perfect solution for my Small Landscaping Business.
  4. badaml

badaml New Member

Works perfect, I used mine for the first time last week. The guy was super impressed too :)

On a side note, I just got the intuit reader, and it is not working.
    HeroLau likes this.
  5. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member

What is this?looks very intresting!can u give more info. of this or detail link? TIA!
  6. Marknderm

Marknderm Well-Known Member

Is this unit that you are talking about, is it portable?
  7. dchawk81

dchawk81 Member

The Intuit reader is garbage. It didn't work reliably on my Epic, Optimus V, or Warp. In fact, it made me look like a fool in front of a client. The Square reader worked the first time right then and there.
  8. SyntaxError

SyntaxError Member

Confirmed, Received it yesterday and used it. Worked like a Charm. The only thing I need now is a compatible stylus, the finger signing is Fugly.

Squareup.com
  9. jjohnbubby5

jjohnbubby5 Well-Known Member

There on eBay for a buck
    SyntaxError likes this.
  10. downthemachine

downthemachine Developer Incognito VIP Member

Can someone post a link to their website?
  11. SyntaxError

SyntaxError Member

12. brrbtr

brrbtr New Member

What tablets/devices have y'all successfully used with the square reader? I know it requires a headSET jack, not a headPHONE jack - and I'm having a heck of a time figuring out which inexpensive tablets have the appropriate jack. Help? Suggestions? (I need a couple of inexpensive tablets because they will be used in a situation where they could easily "grow legs" and walk away.)
  13. spencer320

spencer320 Well-Known Member

I've been looking into cheap tablets the past few days and came across this:
    SpeedMax

The only problem I have with it, is there's nothing else I can find out about it. No info about this device on the forums, can't find it on Ebay or Amazon, so Im not too sure about it.
  14. n0ve

n0ve Well-Known Member

Its functional on any 8mm jack such as warp. Whether you want to call it headphone or headset just means # of bands.
    lindirose likes this.
  15. akira6968

akira6968 Member

Would love to hear about the Intuit reader more :(
    My squareup.com reader is on the way, but the manual CC entry worked perfect the first time (Square Register app). Charged myself a buck lol, cost me $0.19 :)

I'm running Noob's very latest ROM tho, on the ZTE Warp. This ROM is kick-ass, btw.
  16. akira6968

akira6968 Member

According to Intuit's website, the warp isn't supported. I sent a request per their instruction....the more they get, the better our chances :)

gopaymentfeedback@intuit.com

Hi!

I would love to see compatibility on:

Mfgr: ZTE
    Model: Warp (N860)
    Carrier: Boost Mobile

Sincerely,