Square on the Tab

Last Updated:

1. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried Square on the Tab? I set up an account and was approved. I'll have to wait on the card reader to ship. The site says the Droid Incredible I have is compatible but as long as the device is running Android 2.2 and has a 3.5mm jack, I don't see why it wouldn't be compatible. It sure would be easy to sign your name on the Tab compared to a 3.7 in screen. It would look a little more professional too. Has anyone tried it?

2. binaryhellstorm

binaryhellstorm Well-Known Member

I can confirm that Square does work on the Galaxy Tab.
    Tech Addiction likes this.
  3. Tech Addiction

Friggin sweet. Thanks. How do you like the service? What is the main purpose you use it for?

Edit: Just wondering, can you swipe your own credit card and put money off it into your checking? If so this would be like getting an almost free atm withdrawl from your own credit card.
  4. binaryhellstorm

binaryhellstorm Well-Known Member

Lol, I honestly don't use it that much. I got it because I am a tech-addict. I do usually carry the reader around in my jacket with me.
    I could see it being useful for when I sell things on Craigslist. Or it could be useful for accepting payments for when I do freelance I.T. stuff.
    The one time it did come in handy is when I was out with some friends, and we stopped at the ATM before we went to the bars. The ATM wouldn't accept my friends card but it would take mine, so I just used Square and had him swipe it on my phone, charged him $40 via Square, then went and pulled $40 out of the ATM for him.

I have swiped my own VISA debit card and had it dump the money right back into my checking account, and that does work. Not sure about a real credit card but I assume it would work the same way.
  5. Tech Addiction

Your reason for using it was the first thing that came to mind when I ordered mine today... Craigslist. This would definitely get you more offers and traffic being able to take plastic. I also work on cars on the side but one of the best uses would be hitting people up on the freeway when they are broke down and you like give them a jump or fix their car or tow someone out of the snow. Lots of uses.
  6. Precious1

Precious1 New Member

I am unable to get the square to connect. Can anyone tell me if they are compatible?
  7. OkeeChloe

OkeeChloe Active Member

I'm using it with an older tab sch i800, been using square with my tab since november, works great. Just used it this past weekend at an art show. My tab is running froyo,2.2, what android version is on your tab?
  8. TheRealMillah

TheRealMillah Well-Known Member

Where did you get your case? I ordered one online but it wasn't the right fit.
  9. Genyc07

Genyc07 Well-Known Member

He hasn't posted in awhile this thread is old can you link to the one you bought tell me the name of it. I bought one similar it hasn't arrived yet so I can't say it's right or not but what was your fitment issue buttons covered, too tight?