Squeaky phone fixGeneral

Last Updated:

1. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so my black G1 was sometimes being squeaky, not so much to be an issue (to me) but enough that I wanted to do something about it. So heres my quick and free fix.

***Warning***: If you are not comfortable handling a sharp object (x-acto blade) around yourself or phone, then DON'T. I will not be responsible for you stabbing yourself or your phone.

So what you'll need is some clear tape such as Scotch tape. The clearer the better. And a razor blade such as an X-acto.

With the phone open, cut a length of tape, long enough to handle easily (I went and cut the ^^^^^ perforated edge off from the tape dispenser so it would be flush with the phone). Place it flush on the left side of the "Menu" button without touching the "Menu" button. Lightly cut around the tab for the SD card slot (you really only need to score the tape enough so it will tear on its own, don't cut so hard that you're cutting through to the phone), then cut the tape flush with the "chin" of the phone (again, using light pressure let the knife slide through the tape). Use the photo i've included for reference. Be mindful of the screen as you work.

After the tape is applied check the phone for squeaks, it took me 3 layers before the tape was thick enough to raise up the screen ever so slightly to keep it from rubbing. It may take you more or less.

Its not very pretty in the picture, clearer tape would have helped. But its invisible when the phone is closed and it doesn't squeak anymore. :)

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. mish147

mish147 Well-Known Member

this is good but the tape would bother me to much, my phone also squeeked and shaving the nub on the bottom did the job too, so you should consider that.