SSA ... what is it?Support

1. intermental

intermental Active Member

what is SSA with the power icon in the applications? My optimus V kept locking up soon after start up and after trying a bunch of combinations, I narrowed it down to being the SSA app,.....

any ideas? I now have to force stop it when i reboot and it doesnt come back afterwards.

Advertisement
    :
  2. aeroseek

aeroseek Active Member

I believe it is the VM "activate" app.
  3. K-L-M

K-L-M Member

Yes, SSA is definitely the Virgin activate app. Dunno why it is running as a background service however. Probably has to do with monthly service renewal for auto-pay?

I think in some cases if you flash a new ROM or something like that, you need to restart your service with it. I think I recall other times folks have suggested using SSA when they were having issues making phone cars, or 3G.
  4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

Yes, I read something about that as well. The point I got from reading the thread(your going to have to do a search for "activate app" to find the thread, My brains locked up) was it is a very handy app in case you have service issue's after flashing a custom ROM, or issue's with service for maybe some other reason(this seemed like an app I would definitely not want to uninstall).