Stability of HTC Desire ROM on Nexus

Last Updated:

1. Lepodo

Lepodo Member This Topic's Starter

i was just wondering whether the htc desire rom on the nexus one is stable enough to be usable because my friend is torn between sticking with the stock firmware or htc desire rom as he really likes htc sense, as do i.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Bluetooth doesn't work on it, as I understand it.

3. NeoAndroid

NeoAndroid Well-Known Member

Well, used that ROM for about 2 days. It ran smooth without any GUI glitches. Unfortunately, the following were deal breakers for me. Bluetooth works but very flaky like it does not connect most of the time. Video portion of Camera app does not work, it FC's. Slow compared to a themed FroYo ROM.

4. Lepodo

Lepodo Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for your responses,
    Bluetooth isn't too much of a key factor to me, but video filming is.
    A themed froyo you say? I'll research into it. :)

Cheers

5. CuE_32

CuE_32 Member

if you're on FRF91, look into PHOENROM, very stable and has been working great for me. The Only thing I don't like is the BootAnimation. I like the stock Boot Animation. =)

6. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member

7. Deathwish238

Deathwish238 Well-Known Member

Why not? SenseUI is just a giant theme...I like it, though I also like stock. So I find myself running one for a while and switching and then eventually switching back.

The MoDaCo Custom Desire ROM is plenty stable for daily use. Just no bluetooth...but that doesn't matter to me. He's working on a FroYo Desire leak too

8. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member

I have to agree why DO people hate Sense. All the natural functions of Android are there. People be trollin.

That besaid... I think it worked fine. I personally HAD to get off because I guess my n1 has a defect that prevented the APN's from working...but i was the only one :p

Bluetooth MAY work now in r23. NO idea. Video recording works you guys are idiots. Video Recording HAS worked for most revisions. 720p? Um not sure.

IN all though, it's pretty stable. Never Gave me much lip except with MMS towards before I switched back to Cyanogen. the only reason I can think NOT to switch is themes.

9. strictly86

strictly86 Well-Known Member