Stable 2.3 custom ROM

1. vaira.m

vaira.m Active Member

Hi all,
    I am running a rooted stock 2.1 version. And i feel i am done with it.. I surely need a change now...

And i would like to skip 2.2 go to 2.3 directly.. What is the stable version available? I saw cyanogen7.1 but heard it isn't stable yet. I have no idea about Elelinux-7.1.0-Hero-v2.4. For that case is there any stable 2.3 available? If not what is the best 2.2?

On 2.2 i shortlisted these according to my needs, please suggest me one within this:

1.Villian 13(For its HTC Sense) and again here froyd villiain or villain13?

2.Elelinux 6.2.0 RC0 Hero Speedmachine

3. CyanogenMod 6.1

Please guide me through choosing a good ROM, since this is the first time i am going to flash i dont want my custom rom experience to be bad..

Advertisement
    :
  2. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

I would check out Aosp 2.3.4, and CyanogenMod 7.0.3. They're both stable and work excelently.
  3. vaira.m

vaira.m Active Member

wat bout elelinux7.1.0-version2.4?? isn't cyanogen 7.1 stable?

And what's AOSP , is it a separate rom or wat.. So far i thot its a collective term for all open source androids.. Please correct me if i am wrong
  4. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

CM 7.1 is stable but so is the latest CM Rom also 7.03, as for AOSP yes it is another Rom which is also stable and a little lighter than CM 7 , they are all good and you won't go wrong either or.

5. vaira.m

vaira.m Active Member

Ok i guess i did a mistake by posting in this thread. Actually my hero is a GSM one, dont think its sprint :(

I am going for Elhelinux7.1 v 2.3.4, did a nand and Ti backup

On my way to catcup with the latest android...

@DonB: I think the AOSP in ur signature is for CDMA versions.
  6. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Moved thread to GSM HTC Hero section:) Hopefully someone will point you in the right direction:D
  7. TheBuzz

TheBuzz Well-Known Member

In my opinion....

Best Gingerbread 2.3.4:
    CyanogenMod Full81 Nightly
    Cronos Gingerbread 2.2.0 (download file is CG-2.2.0_.zip 84.43Mb)

Best Gingerbread + Sense:
    WildHero 1.2.1

Best Froyo:
    Cronos Froyo 1.9.0 (download file is CF-1.9.0_.zip 57.19Mb)
    FroydVillain 1.7.3 ( to flash it first install 1.7.0, than flash the updates... remember, boot normally after every flash)
    FroydVillain 1.7.0
    FroydVillain 1.7.1 update
    FroydVillain 1.7.2 update
    FroydVillain 1.7.3 update

Theese are the most popoular, stable, fast and complete ROMs for Hero from Android 2.2 to Android 2.3.4.

If you'll choose a Cronos Rom remember to download and flash gapps too (you can find them on the same download page of the roms)
  8. Prof Peach

Prof Peach Member

I found Cronos Ginger 2.2.4 is very fast, 100% stable and a joy to use.
    All features incl camera seem to work with no FC's at all.

Salsa Sense 4.0 is also 100% stable, also all feature working incl camera and camcorder. It has sense running so all the toys are there..... but feels a bit heavier than cronos GB.

I'm torn between the 2...... Salsa Sense..... or fill my Cronos with loads of widget apps to took like sense....?