1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Staff update!

1. Phases

Phases Community Manager Administrator

As some of you may be aware, Frisco has stepped down from his Guide Leader role as a best interest move for both the site and himself, and so that he may focus on some real life stuff. Frisco has worked hard for AF for a year, year and a half and the impact he has made will not be soon forgot. I wish Frisco the very best, even though he leaves his service here with some good size shoes to fill!

:p

So, thank you Frisco for all you've done for us. I do hope you'll be able to hang around, or at least pop in and say hi every now and again!

In light of this, obviously the Guide Leader role needs to be filled. We thought and talked fairly extensively on this and have decided to take Steven58 up on his offer to take over this role in addition to his current Moderator duties. If there is any one person out there from the Mod or Guide staff equipped, respected, experienced and willing enough to do this, it's our man Steven! I would like to thank him for this offer and congratulate him on the acceptance! There were a couple other scenarios that we debated, but in the end we feel this is the best approach.

There will be an adjustment period while he gets settled in and the Guides can expect to hear from him shortly in their forum about it, but I'm I know we can all expect great things to come from this.

While he is still certainly a full force mod, he will focus primarily on this at least for the first while. As such, we feel it will probably be wise to bring on another mod to help fill THAT gap. Ah what heck - let's bring on a couple more since we're doing the evaluating anyway. ;)

Congratulations to olbriar, jerofld, and agentc13 for making moderator! These three (as many others have, but we can only take a few..) have shown a real dedication and commitment to this site and its' members. Their helpfulness, dedication to the Guide role, and positive demeanor have made them obviously choices for us - and we are excited to bring them onto the mod staff.

Advertisement
    :
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

Congrats Steven, you are definitely the right man for the job! And a big congrats the the 3 new mods!
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Well played Steven and well done to the 3 new mods too! :)

I'm sure you'll all do an immense job.
  4. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Congratulations, Steven, on accepting the Guide Leader role.

And congrats to our three new Moderators, olbriar, jerofld, and agentc13 as well.

Well-deserved to all!
  5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Thanks! I'm both honored and overwhelmed...literally. :p. I really hope to honor my friends here by doing a job worthy of the trust and friendship that we have built over the years.

Steven
  6. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

Wow congrats to all of you!!
    Would rather have ya'll following me then spam bots(I know conspiracy theory ):eek:
  7. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Thanks all, and congrats to Steven. You have a tough job ahead of you, but I am sure you will do great.
  8. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Congratulations to all of you :D
  9. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

Congrats on turning red guys!

And Steven on turning...fuschia!

I hear it's excellent for the fashion conscious jedi in need of a stunning spring robe

:D :)
  10. MediocreBadGuy

MediocreBadGuy Well-Known Member

Today is a big win for all of you, Congrats! :thumbup:
  11. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Thanks for stepping it up on site service, gang - nicely done! :)
    agentc13 and Steven58 like this.
  12. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Congrats to the new Moderators. We are proud to have you on our team. The new mod first duty is (according to Pastafarian) is to shine our shoes. :) (Jk)

Steven runs
    scary alien, alostpacket and agentc13 like this.
  13. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

nice job frisco ;) and Congrats to all of you ;)
  14. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

I really liked Frisco and hope he'll still be around now and then.....
    scary alien and alostpacket like this.
  15. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Congrats Steven. You would have been my choice. You are the man for the job. Thanks for taking the appointment.
  16. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

And congrats to you and the other new Mods olbriar! :)
  17. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

I'm sure he will. I doubt there is anything that will keep Frisco away for too long :D
    scary alien and alostpacket like this.
  18. Seanette

Seanette Well-Known Member

Not at my brightest today :), since I'm a bit hazy on the distinction between guides and moderators.
    alostpacket likes this.
  19. Yeahha

Guides are more for helping out with organization while moderators help with that and enforce the rules...someone else may be able to provide a better explanation :D
  20. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

Congrats to all of you! I will even buy a round for the four of you...ok, Early too...and I guess Phases...wait, this is getting expensive...
  21. Yeahha

Hold on wait...you forgot "Yeahha" :p
    SamuraiBigEd and agentc13 like this.
  22. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch! Moderator

You can blame yourself for that...:p;):D
    Yeahha likes this.
  23. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member

Congrats to all....

It is the tireless dedication of all of the Mods and Guides that make this forum truly Great!

And, the best forum I have every personally been a part of!

Thanks for all of the great work guys and gals!
  24. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Congrats to all, and best wishes to Frisco. Take care of that pesky real life stuff and hurry back.
  25. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

That's what I get for taking a weekend off of AF for yardwork. Congrats to all the new moderators and to Stevens for taking on the challenge of leading us guides.

This is the first mention of this on the public side, so I also want to throw a shout out to our former Guide Leader, Frisco. He will be missed in that role as he did an excellent job in helping me transition into being a guide.
    alostpacket, Steven58 and scary alien like this.