• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stage 1 Speed Fix for Captivate (Vibrant, Galaxy S)

As you can see, it improved my Quadrant scores. This moves all of your application data from the internal SD card to the internal NAND memory. (It does not involve an external high speed SD card -- that will be coming later.)
This fix gets rid of any of the lag that you have experienced with the Galaxy S phones.

I downloaded Terminal Emulator from the market instead of using ADB.

Just follow the directions here: [How To] FIX APP LAG - xda-developers

Average Score before fix:

db767e7c.png

Average Score after fix:

ed67d4c8.png

Every Vibrant that I have seen scores the same as all the other Galaxy S phones. Never seen one over 925.
My last score was 998.

It fixes a lot of the herks and jerks that are part of ALL of these phones.

Well I get in the 900's every single time I run quadrant, I don't get 982, but I just ran it again right now and got 901. It's not rooted, just normal straight out of the box.

Anyway, does your phone have a blue tint to your super amoled display?

Upvote 0
Hmmm after installing many apps I am at around 890. Which is close to the factory original but not as close to the max we are seeing here. Are we sure it is all apps that decrease the speed or only some?

It's the fact that the application data is stored on the substandard Samsung internal SD card instead of the faster NAND internal memory that's causing the lag problems.
By moving application data to a faster source, your apps will load faster and the OS, in general, will be snappy.

I am seeing Quadrant scores approaching 1000 now and if the other fix is ever released that allows us to put application data on our Class 4 microSD cards, we will see speeds close to 1700. A Nexus one with Froyo 2.2 only runs about 1300.

Yes, it has to be rooted.

Upvote 0
your gps works fine? can you download gps test from android market, how many satelites does your phone lock into. also where is your location.

you are one of the lucky few with working gps.

I'm getting 10-12 with 3-5 connecting. Location- NY.

snap20100728190518.png

EDIT-
Thanks, uploaded the wrong pic.
^ You are finding that many, but none of them are locking on it seems...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones