standard clock /weather widget on home screenGeneral

Last Updated:

1. bburgdroid

bburgdroid Member This Topic's Starter

About the Eris.
    On version 2.1 does Beautiful Widgets (the app) show under "data" on your SD card? Should it? If it doesn't belong there should and I delete BW - will the clock/weather on the home screen still work?

I expect the HTC / Android clock weather deal is a widget vs an app? Or is it an app and what is it called?'

Advertisement
  2. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

Yes, it is there under Data. Did you uninstall Beautiful Widgets? If not, why would you want to delete the file.

3. bburgdroid

I have started to use Launcher Pro. Can't use the htc/ widgets on that so I downloaded the Beautiful Widgets (paid version) and selected Beautiful Home to use with Launcher Pro.

The date, time and location comes up and works fine but the weather part of it is not "animated" and when I click the weather part of this widget - nothings happens versus the display of the forecast for the next few days on htc sense.

4. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Yeah, i also tried beautiful widgets, but missed the HTC weather animations.
    It's just one of those "cool" things I like about my phone.

Some preffer Launcher pro. If you do, it might be worth it to you to live without the animations.
    I had to go back

5. bburgdroid

I got BW working....with the animations on Launcher Pro!

Thanx all!

6. Its_Red

Its_Red Well-Known Member

Hi, can I ask how did you get it working as mine is having the same issue, it was working when I first installed it but now has stopped and nothing I do returns the animations :(

7. bburgdroid

I deleted the widget from the home screen and then re-installed the widget to the screen. The animations don't work on the main screen ( at least on mine) but when you re-install the widget to the screen and you "check the forecast"....(menu)...then work there. Wish the animations worked on the main widget like on htc sense.... but no dice for me there.