Standard Messaging AppSupport

1. mbmast

mbmast Well-Known Member

I have not rooted my phone and I am wondering if I can uninstall/delete this app? I do not use it and I'm constantly having to delete emails from two different locations.
    Thanks,
    Beth

Advertisement
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ~Shoveling Snow~ Moderator

No, you can't without root. Even if you rooted, I believe it is necessary for the system. If you are talking about the email app, you should be able to turn off sync for the stock app so email will only go to the app you want to use. I hope this helps.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Uninstalling the standard email/messaging app can also cause other email apps to stop working properly in some cases. Make a backup first
  4. mbmast

mbmast Well-Known Member

This is going to be a stupid question, how do I turn off the sync?
  5. Unforgiven

Not a stupid question at all.:) which app do you want to turn it off in?
  6. mbmast

mbmast Well-Known Member

The problem is I have several different email accounts for jobs that I do. I have hotmail, yahoo, and school email. I just want to turn off the very basic messenger that keeps track of ALL my social accounts.
  7. Unforgiven

What type of device are you using? I ask as there are differences between HTC Sense, MotoBlur, and Touchwiz. If you could give the actual device type (e.g. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon) it would be helpful in case there is a specific quirk for that phone.
  8. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Is it just the email app? Because you can disable notifications in the app. If it's the Gmail app, you can disable it from syncing in Settings > Accounts > email account > Uncheck Gmail.
  9. mbmast

mbmast Well-Known Member

I have a Droidx2.
    The name of app is Messaging and it is what came with the phone. It has all my accounts in one location. Even text messages show up here.
  10. Unforgiven

OK, thanks. That's motoblur. I'll check my sons phone (DX2 as well) when I get home for the exact settings. You could also take a peak over in that phone's forum for other tips and tricks for your phone (Motorola Droid X2 - Android Forums)
  11. Unforgiven

mbmast, I am going to move this thread over to the Droid X2 forum so folks familiar with your phone can help you out. If you haven't received an answer by the time I get home from work, I'll get one for you.

Cheers.:)
  12. mbmast

mbmast Well-Known Member

How do I find this thread at Droid x2?