Standby Clock

Last Updated:

1. manish

manish New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I would like to display the date and time in standby mode (i.e I don't want to keep pressing the power button to see what time it is - I want it permanentely displayed). Does anyone know a way or is there an app that will do this? I have searched but cannot find one.

Advertisement
  2. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

I've never used any app like this myself, but I found an app called DigitalClock on the apps market that, judging by some of the comments, apparently keeps displaying while in standby, but I think it needs to be charging to do this (it'd be a massive battery hog anyway).

3. manish

thanks for the reply.
    i actually wanted a clock to be displayed when i press the power button

4. benb

benb Member

Make your mind up! ;)

There are apps in the Market that permanently display a clock, but only when charging, as otherwise it would really eat your battery.

I don't really see the problem with pressing the power button to see the time and date.

5. manish

LOL

I actually meant "without" pressing the power button.

I guess I am relating what I want to when I had a Nokia N95 that had the date and time always displayed - lowlighted to save power.

6. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

As I said, the DigitalClock app (and as benb said, other, similar apps) seem to always display the clock provided that the phone is charging. I've never used it though, so can't vouch for it.