Standby draining my battery?Support

Last Updated:

1. homotechual

homotechual Member This Topic's Starter

Just got my Nexus One yesterday, and I'm loving it! My only concern is the battery life meter is telling CELL STANDBY 67%?? When you click on it, it says time without signal 50% and then it says thats whats causing battery consumption.

Before I go on, I have no issues with 3G, been getting a solid signal since I got the phone yesterday, just a little confused on what to do? Shouldn't standby SAVE battery?

Advertisement
  2. gibson6594

gibson6594 Well-Known Member

are you getting poor battery life overall?

3. homotechual

homotechual Member This Topic's Starter

I haven't had it long enough to really know I charged it fully when I received it yesterday around 3pm and haven't plugged it in until just right now it's telling me to plug it in.

4. gibson6594

gibson6594 Well-Known Member

It will get better in time. My point is, don't worry about what is draining the battery, as long as the battery is sufficient.

I'm able go about 17 hours before I get a not ice to plug it in, with a good amount of use. Maybe could go a full 24 before it completely dies on me.

5. XM_JDM

XM_JDM Well-Known Member

im waiting to order a second battery for my n1

6. SynergyNT

SynergyNT Member

I got right about 40 hours with light to moderate use and was at 8% by the time I charged. I also see Cell Standby using a lot of battery, but I AM having the 3g/Edge switching problem, so that makes sense.