Standby Mode Notifications

Last Updated:

1. flatpick24

flatpick24 New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 13, 2009
    I didn't see this question asked in the forum, but then again I didn't look all that extensively. Anyway...

Is there any settings that can make the droid screen light up when you receive a notification like an email. On most phones (including my old LG Dare), whenever you are sitting around and the screen is off/locked/in standby, you get a text message and it lights up the screen and says "you have a text message".

I have messed around with the different notifications settings so it will vibrate/sound off when you get one, but if you are in the car and have the phone just chillin there listening to loud music.. sometimes you don't hear it but I would like to be able to see the screen light up when notifications come in... instead of just that little green status light blinking.

It's not that big of an issue, but the whole screen lighting up usually grabs your attention when you are in a crowded bar or loud vehicle so it would be nice for it to show up at least for text messages.

2. NewDroidGuy

NewDroidGuy Member

Nov 7, 2009