Standby ModeSupport

Last Updated:

1. teeterbug

teeterbug Active Member

When I plug my Note 3 into the computer, it connects but after about 30 seconds it disconnects. How do I keep the phone from going into Standby Mode so that I can access it from my computer?

Advertisement
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

"Standby" mode? Or do you mean that the screen shuts off? That can be set, or there are apps that will keep it from shutting off while it's externally (like by your computer) powered. But the computer can access the phone while the screen is off.
  3. teeterbug

teeterbug Active Member

I am using MyPhoneExplorer to sync Outlook to the phone. My previous device was a Motorola. I never had this issue and it worked in the beginning but then didn't.

After messing around with it, you know that icon that shows up when you plug it into the computer, I used the pull down menu and the "connected as" wasn't checked off. I have to use "as a camera" for it to work but for some reason it wasn't checked. I guess I will have to see if it stays that way. The phone stays "active" when the camera option is chosen...even with the backlight off which is what I need it to do. So, I'm good so far. At least I know what the issue was.

I have been reading about "standby" and that may not have been the correct words for the the Note 3 as it serves a different purpose under standby but that was the only thing I remember it being referenced to on the Motorola.