Staples will sell WiFi only unit end of March early April

1. ghodzilla5150

ghodzilla5150 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    LunchBB and gamul1 like this.
  2. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

With all the outlets selling Xooms this thing is going to do really well.
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. ghodzilla5150

I think the WiFi only unit is killer and will do very well. The $800 unit, not so much. Especially after Apple's iPad 2 presser next week.
  4. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

This is great news. If I buy the Xoom it will be WiFi only. I may still hold off to know more about the Toshiba but it is good to know that I could opt for the Xoom (an amazing product on its own) in a month or so.
  5. ghodzilla5150

WiFi only is the way I'm going. My Costco AMEX card has a hole burning in it. I will be there at 10:00 a.m. to pick it up the day it's released:)
  6. RickInHouston

RickInHouston Well-Known Member

I went to the link and it mentions 'Motorola Tablets training'. I saw no mention it is the wifi only tablet. Did I miss something?
  7. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Since there is only the carrier version through VZW, the fair assumption is the Xoom tablet wifi-only from any other retailer.
  8. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Iam willing to wait because of the lack of apps that will be available.
  9. VyseTheLegend

VyseTheLegend Active Member

So, according to this thread, Staples employees should've received tablets training from Motorola yesterday.

Where are the leaks? Does no one have a friend at Staples?
  10. VyseTheLegend

VyseTheLegend Active Member

Picture of Staples inventory system:

[​IMG]

March 27th is the launch date, according to the upcoming Staples ad. You can also see that it has the black-and-silver back. Staples' tablet URL isn't live yet.

[​IMG]

Edit: This is new information, and it's definitely worth a new thread, not being attached to an old dead one.
    mobile1 and IHateMyTreo like this.
  11. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

That's like 2 weeks nice...but what's up with that fugly silver one in the pic I wont get that.
  12. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

Nice, hope this holds up. What happened to the inventory pic??
  13. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

you mean in post #10? i still see it...
  14. ODog2323

Yea I see now. Came up missing a few minutes ago. Maybe cuz I'm on an iPad? ;)
  15. redshift1

redshift1 Well-Known Member

Wondering about Costco and Amazon. Just two day's ago one of the Version store managers told me Motorola would never release a Xoom Wifi-only model.
  16. ODog2323

What do ya want them to say? Their job is to sell data plans.
  17. redshift1

redshift1 Well-Known Member

Interesting commentary on Verizon ethos.
  18. GAANDROID

GAANDROID Active Member

Great!!! I took my 3G+wifi XOOM back to store. I was only using it on wifi, so I couldn't justify paying the extra 200 bucks for 3g capabilities that I probably would never use. I was actually contemplating getting an ipad, but now that I know that the wifi XOOM is coming I'll get it instead.
  19. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

If Toshiba remains silent on their tablet to the end of the month, I'm going to have a difficult decision to make.
  20. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Well-Known Member

I've asked you this before but please list specific apps that are missing that you require. I don't believe it.
  21. kennychaffin

It's true. The hardware is only sold to lock in the recurring monthly revenue.
  22. ctxx24

ctxx24 Well-Known Member

Didnt see you ask.. i was just saying there wasent many tablet apps out for it which there isnt many. nothing specific i want.. so i was willing to wait which is harder and harder by the day..just hope the wifi one isnt that silver one in the pic..its so ugly
  23. kennychaffin

Was in a different thread I think...or maybe it was someone else....I just get frustrated with people claiming there are no apps when all the apps that are needed are there. (only one I know of that I need that doesn't exist is the Cisco Anywhere VPN app)

It's not the number of apps available but the function of the ones that are there that matters.
  24. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

the silver one in the photo seems to be the wifi only model...
  25. ODog2323

Exactly. I'm sure they make money on the devices, but the plans are their bread and butter.