• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Star A3 weird problems.

kegnkiwi

Lurker
Jun 15, 2012
Hi all,

Just bought a cheap star a3 dual sim android phone. This my foray into android phones and I am having some weird issues. Just a first note I have just rooted the phone but these issues where here before and after rooting. The A3 is a htc sensation clone i believe when my other half who has a htc desire tries to call the phone the phone goes straight into answer phone and rejects the call, she is on giff gaff in the uk and i have tried both a 3 network and orange sim and it happens on both. There is some weird chinese security software that I trying get remove but its seems very stubbon. Anyone any ideas. Ps battery life is awfull.

Hi, I have had this phone since around Dec 2011 and occasionally have this same problem, where a call goes straight to answer phone, the first I know of the call is the notification that I have a message. It doesn't always happen though, in fact most calls I do get normally, and it doesn't even appear to relate to who is calling - i.e. the same person can call and sometimes it rings, other times it doesn't.
Number 1 SIM slot I have a data only Giffgaff card, number 2 is my work-provided calls and texts only card (hence my wish to have a dual SIM phone). I tried swapping the SIMs over to see if that made a difference, having the calls come through number 1 slot, but for some reason I wasn't able to do this, they only seem to work this way around.
Mine also came with Chinese s/w, but I haven't rooted yet to try to get rid of it; useful for knowing the weather in Beijing, or watching this weeks top video on Youku...
What method did you use to root yours?
Regarding the battery life, mine has actually improved, I think battery capacity is improved by working them hard, so it is better now than when I first had it. Frankly, I don't think it is any worse than my daughter's Samsung Google Nexus. I have used it with the extra battery pack and that does work quite well.
The main issue I have with this phone is that it reboots itself fairly frequently. Seems that in some locations it does it more than others, and seems to me to be connected to the way it handles the data signal; frequently it reboots when trying to receive an email notification.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones