• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Star note stuck on boot screen

Hi everyone,

I'm a uni student that went cheap and bought a "star note 9770" from ebay, which is a copy of samsung galaxy note 1.

The phone worked fine until few days ago when I gave it a reboot, it does not want to leave the boot screen. It is constantly stuck on the screen where it shows the android logo with the robot.

I have tried factory reset by holding volume up button + power button. The problem still persists.

If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I'm sure what's most likely happened and why it's bricked, is because the software ROM has become corrupted or damaged due to poor design and low manufacturing quality, which is often the way with cheapo fakes. You'd need to get hold of the original manufacturer's software ROM to restore it, but there's more than likely not much chance of that given what it is. Best thing might be to return it to the Ebay vendor for a refund (They're in Hong Kong or Shenzhen?), as it's defective and faulty. Or at least see what they can do about getting you the required software ROM File.

BTW I've seen many Galaxy Note knock-offs, I have one myself, and many of them can be rather crummy.

Reactions: nikl33
Upvote 0
I'm sure what's most likely happened and why it's bricked, is because the software ROM has become corrupted or damaged due to poor design and low manufacturing quality, which is often the way with cheapo fakes. You'd need to get hold of the original manufacturer's software ROM to restore it, but there's more than likely not much chance of that given what it is. Best thing might be to return it to the Ebay vendor for a refund (They're in Hong Kong or Shenzhen?), as it's defective and faulty. Or at least see what they can do about getting you the required software ROM File.

BTW I've seen many Galaxy Note knock-offs, I have one myself, and many of them can be rather crummy.

Asking about a refund is a good suggestion - I myself offer this on all purchases and it's something every decent retailer should do (within warranty)

Reactions: nikl33
Upvote 0
Hi amacg,

Here is a picture of what is happening to the star note n9770.

it stays on this screen constantly no matter how long i leave it on.

Attachments

• Photo on 2013-04-25 at 22.15.jpg
    Photo on 2013-04-25 at 22.15.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 84
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones