Star Wars: The Old Republic

1. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

I have a bad feeling that both TOR and ME3 are going to be Origin only games...

Bioware: :)
    EA: :(
  3. starxpilot

starxpilot Well-Known Member

Wait, its not real...? :|
    Yeah, what's what they originally said, in quite blunt statements on the news boards. You can already see how that's not sitting good with gamers via game forums.
  4. NightAngel79

Well i just have to say... I'M BETA TESTING SWTOR RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT IS ALL

/CARRY ON

:cool:
  5. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

This is the MMO version, right? I've never been much of a fan of Sci-Fi, but I did love trying out various MMO's way back when.

How are you liking it, Nightypoo?
  6. NightAngel79

It is beyond awesome. Its a MMO that you actually care about the story,l and an awesome story it is
  7. NYCHitman1

Safe to assume that this one will be P2P?
  8. NightAngel79

What do you mean by that exactly? (haven't really played a lot of mmo's)

I know it's looking like it will be a serious competitor to WOW (thats what testers are saying)
  9. NYCHitman1

P2P = pay to play.
  10. NightAngel79

Haven't heard anything about that yet, safe guess is yes though. It's budget is GARGANTUAN and it shows
  11. NYCHitman1

I guess only time will tell. When is it due for release? or is it still TBA?
  12. NightAngel79

12/20/11
  13. NYCHitman1

I mean.. if they are comparing it to WoW then it must be a P2P MMO. Sadly, I won't be playing it if that is the case.
  14. NightAngel79

Well fwiw the comparisons have nothing to do with pricing. Though i imagine it will be p2p
  15. starxpilot

Really tempted by the trailer I saw showing an old prison....GAH!
  16. NYCHitman1

Oh, I know. I just also know that any MMO that is on-par to WoW is always P2P. Companies need to start releasing more F2P's with some P2P incentives.
  17. NightAngel79

You should see the opening trailer when game starts...... DAMN!! (thats all i can really say)
    I agree... you play conan by any chance? wondering how their f2p was working out for them
  18. TheCompBoy

TheCompBoy Well-Known Member

Where do i read more about this game?
  19. NightAngel79

20. NYCHitman1

I haven't played Conan, but I've been recently trying out this game Rusty Hearts which is a anime-type, cell-shaded gfx, Action MMORPG (F2P). Pretty darn fun.
  21. starxpilot

Spoil something for me NightAngel, any mention of Alec, Revan, Exile, etc, previous KOTOR games? Will help convince me more if I can see at least a glimpse of previous characters D:
  22. NightAngel79

This IS bioware, :)
  23. NYCHitman1

Stinky Stinky and NightAngel79 like this.
  24. Vinter

Vinter Well-Known Member

Eh, the game is alright. If you are into story , it'll be fun for the most part, it is very generic, it doesn't do anything particularly new. For what it is, I'm sure it will be great (if you are a Star Wars fan).

Not my cup of tea, personally by level 20 I was bored to tears. The battlegrounds were extremely lame (I hate BGs for pvp) and the questing, though with story line was very run of the mill.

If you like WoW, love Star Wars and want to be apart of an interactive story , you will probably think the game is amazing.
  25. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

Still sitting here without a beta key. Been in a lot og betas. This is the one I am most looking forward to since WoW first launched and I haven't seen antyhing outside of bioware clips of the game. :( I pre-ordered and paid for the CE already, but would like to see if the game is halfway interesting before cracking the box open.