• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Starred contacts nightmare!

mobileboost

Lurker
Apr 29, 2010
I can't figure this out. I had some contacts that were starred in my moto droid. I didn't want them starred anymore so I choose the star and un-starred them. it deleted the contacts!
icon_eek.gif
awcrap.gif

I now have frequently called people with only a email address and no phone numbers or addresses anymore!

I went into contacts and hit the menu key. I then choose display options. I tried playing around with the settings and now I have lost more then 3/4 of my contacts
crying_loundly.gif
I tried clicking the same boxes again to no avail.

What the heck is going on here and what did I do wrong? This is a phone. I doubt motorola overlooked something this big.

I have system group: my contacts and Starred in android checked. I am still missing a LOT of my contacts.

I can't figure this out. I had some contacts that were starred in my moto droid. I didn't want them starred anymore so I choose the star and un-starred them. it deleted the contacts!
icon_eek.gif
awcrap.gif

I now have frequently called people with only a email address and no phone numbers or addresses anymore!

I went into contacts and hit the menu key. I then choose display options. I tried playing around with the settings and now I have lost more then 3/4 of my contacts
crying_loundly.gif
I tried clicking the same boxes again to no avail.

What the heck is going on here and what did I do wrong? This is a phone. I doubt motorola overlooked something this big.

I have system group: my contacts and Starred in android checked. I am still missing a LOT of my contacts.

What does the phone do with contacts you un-star?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones