StarStar Me

Last Updated:

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

StarStar Me sounds like a incomplete revenue generoator.

With things like GoogleTalk, Blackberry Messenger, etc., which are free why would I pay $3 bucks for this? This screams of desperation!

I read the FAQs and at the moment it seems very limited.

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

So why advertise them? :D
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Well-Known Member

Personally I feel like it's going to backfire. Might be good for a business, but for a personal line it sounds like harassment waiting to happen.
  4. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Haven't really read up on this because, quite frankly, I don't care. But from what you guys are saying, it sounds almost as bad as Verizon charging 10 dollars a month for their "VZW Navigator," when you could just get free navigation with Google Maps. lol
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

For my family its pretty cool.

We had fun setting them up.

I also set up a second one for business use...not having to give out my actual cell
    BenChase7 likes this.
  6. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Well-Known Member

7. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me

Right up there with vanity license plates.
  8. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I won't lie...I would love to have a plate that says MR ED
  9. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

for business.. it sounds good...

with all the smart devices.. that can remember almost everything for us. I dont see why i would want this for $3 .. a month. $36 a yr!

for work/personal business.
    if you do not have a sprint service... can we still get this?
    since I have sprint.. can I get it.. and link it to a non-sprint number???
  10. tenceriker

tenceriker Active Member

For people who meet a variety of strangers via personal or work events with one number this is an easy way to screen who gets your actual number without having to add an app or 3rd party service. For most of us who have two phones it might not be be an option but it isn't wise to knock on what is made for a niche market.
  11. sircody

sircody Member

It's all about the other person being able to get, remember your number without you having to wait til they get a pen or get their phone and slowy get to contacts as you stand there and tap the

So isn't it easier to say...Call me... star star: **Cody .........easy
  12. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I just say "what's your #, I'll send you a text" BAM done. With Galaxy S3 auto-reject, I have no fear of giving out my numbers, and I have google voice to give to telemarketing loving businesses.

**ME could be useful for those with flip phones or feature phones tho.