• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Start an APP from Monday to Friday from 8 to 5

Welcome to Android Forums.

"close an app" is open to interpretation. The Flash operations will perhaps give you some insight into what is happening.

Profile: Astart
Day: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu or Fri
Time: From 8:00AM Till 8:01AM
Enter: Anon
A1: Flash [ Text:START 1 Long:Off ]
A2: Launch App [ App:Calculator Data: Exclude From Recent Apps:On Always Start New Copy:Off ]
A3: Flash [ Text:START 2 Long:Off ]

Profile: Astop
Day: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu or Fri
Time: From 4:58PM Till 4:59PM
Exit: Anon
A1: Flash [ Text:STOP 1 Long:Off ]
A2: Go Home [ Page:0 ]
A3: Kill App [ App:Calculator Use Root:Off ]
A4: Flash [ Text:STOP 2 Long:Off ]

These will start it at 0800 and end it at 17:00.

(If you don't give the time action a range it imposes some strange restrictions on what is generated. The Start tasks starts at the first second of the range. The Stop task starts at the first second after the range.)

... Thom

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Thom,

thanks for the help. As I am a very newbie, could you explain me how I should enter this information?

1) Which one is (are) my Task(s)? Enter and Exit? or A1, A2 and A3?

2) What is Anon?

3) in Profile, how can I combine Day and Time? Should I add Day (Mo-Fri) and add (+) Time from 08:00 till 08:01? which task should I add to Day and which to Time?

Thanks buddy, It is very hard to understand how Tasker thinks...

Jacare

Upvote 0
Try doing some exports to see how it works. Export as email.

The Enter and Exit tasks are clearly marked. There is only one in each profile.

Anon is anonymous. When you create a new task in the profile select new task and when it prompts you for a name just click the button.

In the profile ... enter the date range ... when it is there long press on it and select Add, Then enter the time .

... Thom

Reactions: Jacare
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones