1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Start up/Boot problem!!Support

1. trevytrev

trevytrev Well-Known Member

I've got a problem, we just switched my wife's phone on this morning and it just got stuck on the white HTC logo. We kept it like that for a good 15 mins to see if anything happened but it didn't so I took out the battery replaced it and turned it on. It's now got a reboot/start up page showing and I have no idea bwhat to do at all. It says HBOOT which seems to be highlighted, then there is also FASTBOOT, REVOVERY, CLEAR STORAGE and SIMLOCK. I scrolled to recovery to try that but it just went back to the HTC start up screen and froze again. Can anyone help me out at all??

Advertisement
    :
  2. colrey

colrey Well-Known Member

i would go to clear storage, if recovery has not worked,the desire automatically backs your data up on the memory card, so i would say go ahead with the clear storage.
  3. trevytrev

Thanks, tried that and it was the same so I tried to restart again and now on the screen there's a symbol of a phone with a red triangle and an exclamation mark in it.

HELP!!
  4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Call HTC, better than us trying to guess the right action and screwing up your phone! Their support number is on their site.
  5. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bricked handset.

If leaving off with battery out for an hour or so doesnt fix, then it's dead.

Hope you werent trying to load any roms or anything.
  6. trevytrev

thanks for all the advice, called HTC, they couldn't fix it so called mobiles.co.uk and they are sending out a replacement.I must say the customer service from both HTC and mobiles.co.uk was excellent.
  7. adie67

adie67 New Member

Hi my girlfrinds phone is the HTC desire s, she had the same problem with the phone not booting up, i called HTC help and they told me to power the phone on while holding down the volume button, you the will boot into another screen and it says clear data using the volume down buton scroll down to clear data press the power button once then comfirm clear data by pressing the volume up once, hope this helps some people out there .......