• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Start Up Issue

d.ortiz

Lurker
Aug 11, 2010
Hi, I turned off my phone because it was acting really really slow and when I turned it back on again, all I get is the "samsung" logo on the screen like its turning on. Only issue is that when it's about to get to the main screen, the screen turns blank again. then comes that "samsung" logo again. A few times it gets as far as the time on the screen when you have to unlock the screen. and the screen says (no service), then again the screen goes black and the process starts over again. Sometimes I am able to unlock the screen, then it mentions something about the processor, then the screen goes black and there we go again:mad:. it's been doing this about an hour now and the same issue came up 2 days ago, but it started working about 30 mins later. If anyone has any idea on how to clear this headache up???:thinking::thinking::thinking:

try pulling the battery, and leaving it off for about 30 seconds. put it back in and try again. how long have you had your phone and is it rooted/custom rommed? or just what you got out of the box?

if you can finally get it to turn on, i suggest you do a factory reset, or do a reflash back to stock

Upvote 0
The first description of what he describes is a boot loop. I missed reading the processor error so that is my fault but the symptons appear to begin with the bootloop. He also hasn't said if he has done any modifications so we need more info. I am just confused by the quick recommendations of less experienced posters saying take it in and get a new one or switch phones. (I am not including the two responders in this last statement.) I just was venting on the lack of troubleshooting nad it was probably not needed in this particular thread.

Reactions: d.ortiz
Upvote 0
Wow, thanks a lot for the input guys. Since the issue, I let the battery die out then tried rebooting it in the morning. Still had the same issue coming up. So I slid the qwerty keyboard open and it booted up. Again it gave me that "processor" not responding issue and said "force close" or "wait" so I clicked on "wait" and let it do its thing. The phone became operational, but it still seems to be running slow at times. I am afraid to turn it off and on again and dealing with the issue again.

To answer modification questions, I have not made any modifications to my phone. I wouldn't mind since I read so many positive things being said, I just don't want to lose my apps and look for them all over in the market. so any help or direction that you have would be appreciated. thanks! =):)

Upvote 0
Wow, thanks a lot for the input guys. Since the issue, I let the battery die out then tried rebooting it in the morning. Still had the same issue coming up. So I slid the qwerty keyboard open and it booted up. Again it gave me that "processor" not responding issue and said "force close" or "wait" so I clicked on "wait" and let it do its thing. The phone became operational, but it still seems to be running slow at times. I am afraid to turn it off and on again and dealing with the issue again.

To answer modification questions, I have not made any modifications to my phone. I wouldn't mind since I read so many positive things being said, I just don't want to lose my apps and look for them all over in the market. so any help or direction that you have would be appreciated. thanks! =):)
oh no! this jusrt happened to me. but still the phone wont turn on. still stuck on the samsung loop. :mad: i hate this phone

Upvote 0

Sounds like defective hardware. Should be easy enough to reproduce at the sprint store for a replacement.

Upvote 0
Well I contacted the Sprint repair center, and a rep there told me that more than likely it was some software download. I was a bit resistant to that, but then he asked if I had any type of taskiller. I told him that I had a taskiller the one by "ReChild" and he said that some Samsung Moments have had issues with that app. He said that it was a very vigorous app killer and a process killer for the Moment. He advised that I uninstall it and see how it would play out after that. I did just that and the phone seems to be working a lot faster and I am not having issues when I turn the phone off and on. So lets hope that is the only issue.

I would like to load the Android 2.2 but I gotta figure out how to do that since Sprint will NOT be releasing it for the moment (bastards!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones