1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Starters question

Last Updated:

1. DRG

DRG New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I am new to Android and would like to understand the concept. Some beginners questions:

Is android truly open in the sense that one can you distribute apps without having to pay Google / operator (or anyone else)?

Can the user upload apps to the phone without google / operator intervention (for example by going directly to a site)? How is the upload actually done?

Will there automatically be google ads in the Android application or is this controlled by the app developer / user?

Thanks,
    Dan

Advertisement
  2. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

3. AndyTouch

AndyTouch Member

Respected people of android.Greetings.it has been a great pleasure to be here and ofcourse this is my first time in any forum.i hope you all are doing fine. am Android beginner. can anyone tell me how to get Android 2.0 documentation with Android 2.0.1 release 1.

i am also looking for Apress Android 2 book but gosh ! it is not possible to get one as they just have launched there stuff i believe in the month of December if i am not wrong
    .. thnks !

4. AndyTouch

AndyTouch Member

oh my god..am sorry...i posted my question in the answer coloumn...this is what happens when you are new to posting..:)

apology