• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Starting to drive me nutz

croyde

May 21, 2010
One day my Desire's battery life is very good yet the next with no difference in use it drops alarmingly.

Currently it has dropped 30% in 4 hours with a couple of texts, couple of one minute calls and 3G on for 10 mins which picked up 3 text only emails.

Yesterday it had a lot more use and was still showing full after 5 hours or so.

At the mo it has an Up time of over 116 hours compared to awake of 50. Not sure what that is about as it has only been off charge 4 hours.

Something is staying awake tho' but not everyday.

Cell Standby 35%

Phone idle 34%

Is this correct?

OTHER USAGE

Running 24%

Screen on 10.9%

Phone on 4%

Time spent without sleeping is over 2 hours?

Oh now it says running 100%

Time spent without sleeping nearly 5 hours?

Looks like Facebook is the culprit but surely with no 3G it should not be doing anything?

Maybe I should delete FB.

Cheers for any help.

Yesterday it had a lot more use and was still showing full after 5 hours or so.

Maybe its this that is incorrect?m It sounds a bit suspect to me, although I assume you don't use a % battery meter?

Try installing Battery droid if not, its a home screen widget that gives a reliable percentage of battery left whilst not causing aditional battery drain (like most do IMO).

What version of facebook are you on?

One of the later versions did have a huge battery drain issue but was fixed in the release after.

Upvote 0
The major battery killer I have noticed is when you are in a very weak 3G area and you flick between 2G\3G all day as the phone has to work MUCH harder to maintain a signal. In this situation the best thing you can do is switch to 2G only in Menu --> Settings --> Wireless & Networks --> Mobile Networks and changing Network Mode from GSM/WCDMA auto to GSM only.

I notice HUGE differences in battery life at home (good 3G) and work (Bad 3G\Good 2G) and making the switch evened it out quite a bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones