• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Starting to get really tired with Milestone

I have to say i really regret giving my partner my HTC hero and having this Milestone. I was playing on the Hero the other night updating a few things and it's so much faster whizzing through the screens! Camera is much better too, i can't get over how much noise there is on the Milestones camera since the update, it's shockingly bad.

It'll be the last Motorola device i ever buy, it's more like a prototype than a finished product :/

Yeah I noticed this too, not only that but higher end devices like the HTC desire really zip through those screens. I'm thinking this is because HTC replaced the stock android home screen app.

With that in mind, check out LauncherPro on the Market. It's a great (currently) free home replacement which keeps the stock look happening but really makes it zippy. It even gives the expose-style homescreen preview that the HTC Sense-UI has. Absolutely love it and recommend it. I won't go back to stock unless FroYo really improves the homescreen responsiveness, even if they start charging for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones