starting to HATE texting.

Last Updated:

1. Warrior 3000

Warrior 3000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

okay so iv always had a great touch screen phone. i had a samsung instinct for like 2 years and it was GREAT. one of the best landscape text menus ever and i was a BEAST at texting. then i got the htc hero and i couldnt even use to landscape texting at all. i got use to using the normal upright iphone style texting. after like 3 months of using it i started to hate it and cant deal with it anymore to a point where i hate texting long texts. is tehre ever gonna be an update to fix the CRAPPY landscape?!?!?!??!?!?

Advertisement
  2. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Just do shorter texts.
    Or change your phone.

3. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

Just had a look at the 2.1 android upgrade and they have done nothing with. The keyboard.

4. jamespg81

jamespg81 Well-Known Member

I found it a pain but im pretty used to it now.. Have you calibrated the thing lately? I did mine and noticed a small difference..

5. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

Definitely a good idea to calibrate whenever you find yourself getting frustrated with it.

6. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

this is my first touchscreen so i have nothing to compare it against, but its fine for me (but then again i dont seem to txt much anyway)

7. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

Ive always used the phone keypad rather than a qwerty one and its been perfect.

8. crish

crish Active Member

I hated it too, in fact i bought Better Keyboard to start with but reverted back to the stock one of which i now really like after 2 months of use.
    Once it gets used to your own words and texting style it's great!
    I can even type long texts with my thumbs ala non touchscreen mobiles!!

9. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

The problem is that you can calibrate the k/b in portrait mode, but it doesn't seem to let you calibrate it in landscape mode. At least mine doesn't seem to let me.

10. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

I think its great but then I have small fingers, it takes time though to get used to. I had a physical keyboard before and thought I would would hate it :)

11. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

That's true, but once calibrated it works really well in portrait mode (in my experience anyway)

12. alinver

alinver Well-Known Member

The keyboard is the only reason I'd get rid of my Hero. On a normal sized keyboard I can touch type about 120 words per minute and audio type around 80 WPM so I'm not exactly a beginner.

I found using the compact QWERTY keyboard was a little better but you have to keep an eye on the auto word selection. It reverts to the standard QWERTY when you use it in landscape.

Cheers Al