Starting to lose images in photo and gallery appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I noticed that I suddenly lost thumbnails of images that showed the previous day in the stock photo apps and also the Gallery app. They show show up and open using Astro, but appear to no longer be seen by the indexes of photo and Gallery (but open fine using those apps via Astro). I tried B&B as well and same thing. They all must use the same index source.

I like the stock photo app the best, since it shows pics and movies for both internal and external memory. Never had this problem before. I tried SDrescan, but it just says "scanning" and even after two hours, never stops scanning.

I have tried clearing cache, etc, but still they do not show, even when I created a new directory to put them in.

Advertisement
  2. tmellen

tmellen Active Member

You have to reboot.

When i move photos between directories with an "on the phone" browser, they never show up in the Photos app until I reboot.

3. rushmore

I already shut my Inc down and restarted to no affect (several times, including a battery pull), so perhaps I am just SOL....

Never had this problem before and been with Android since G1 launch. Weird.

4. indianajonze

indianajonze Well-Known Member

funny this thread comes up as i had the exact same thing happen starting yesterday. impacts mostly videos i've taken at this point

5. rushmore

Some vids were missing too, but appeared again after an hour or so. No such luck for photos. Still can access, but have to use either Astro or Picsay to do so. Ironic that the stock photo app is what I use to open them, but the app no longer "sees" them in the index of thumbnails. Same for Gallery and B&B app. Index is not picking all of them up.

6. NewPepper

NewPepper Well-Known Member

Did anyone ever determine a fix for this? I've recently had the same issue. Happens when I update an App from Google or Amazon app store. Doesn't seem to matter if App is on SD or phone. Rebooting phone brings them back to gallery.

7. What'sAndroid?

What'sAndroid? Member

Frequency.

I was saving photo's to the phone storage and was having them disappear. I moved my picture storage to the SD card to see how that works. Sometimes a reboot brings back my pictures on the phone storage but not all the time.