Starting to regret getting an s3!! Help!

1. dholmes29

dholmes29 Member

I've posted before about this exact same problem and after scrolling through I've seen a few people are having the same issues.

Basically, I've just been on the phone to orange for half an hour or more and my problem still isn't sorted.

The problem being my mobile data won't open Facebook, ebay and many other Web pages without showing 'Web Page unavailable'. I try and open my Facebook, ebay, flip boarded apps and they won't open either. Facebook says 'can not find a secure connection' so the guy from Orange told me that it's a phone problem as the Android ice cream sandwich doesn't have Flash player installed which is needed to open these Web pages. Adobe don't provide flash player anymore so is there any other place I can download this?

Also has anyone else had the same problem with their apps? I can't even open play store on mobile data as it says 'server error' I'm beginning to wish I'd got the I phone! I'm tied to this phone for 24 months! Argh!

Advertisement
    :
  2. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Well-Known Member

iPhone doesn't have flash either, and never will.
    My GS3 came with flash. PS, none of the websites you named require flash on their mobile sites.

Your issue seems to be no data connection. Try connecting to a wifi network and trying again. This seems like a signal problem, and not a phone problem.
  3. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

I don't know about the ebay or flip boarded app but the Facebook app does not require Flash to run.

If you are trying to access Facebook from a web browser you should only need Flash if you try to play the games. Otherwise it should open fine.

Are other data apps like email and SMS working ok?
  4. dholmes29

dholmes29 Member

Yep they all work fine. I use whatsapp a lot and my messages come through no problem but if anyone sends me pictures and I try downloading when I'm on mobile data it won't download.

That's what I thought. He took me through some steps but nothing has resolved it and he baiscally just told me that it's the app isn't up to date with this phone or something?
  5. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

The carrier is feeding you a line of BS. There is something wrong with your data connection. Either you have a defective phone (which I doubt from what I'm reading) or there is something messed up on your carrier's end.
  6. dholmes29

dholmes29 Member

Well they told me to load the BBC homepage as that's quite a big Page and that loaded okay with no problems but if I go to load say the itv Page it loads but it's just a white Page with blue writing going down so it's not loaded properly. I don't really know what else to do?
  7. dholmes29

dholmes29 Member

Think I've managed to sort it now.... I think... In the access point names I changed it from Orange wap to orange Internet and now it seems to be working. Not sure if that affects anything else though? Texts seem to be going okay... Thanks for your help!
  8. dholmes29

dholmes29 Member

Oh by the way it worked fine on WiFi never had any problems it was just on mobile data. I swear the people who work for these companies have no idea what they are doing!
  9. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Well-Known Member

Not a phone issue. Data issue with your carrier. Flash is not need for those sites.
  10. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Well-Known Member

Sounds like awful customer service. It is why sites like this are essential for consumers. Often, users have a better knowledge of the issues than "trained" reps do. For example (and a story I want to share) =)

My mom had a HTC Aria running stock Froyo from AT&T. I had her install ADW and she loved it. One day, it went into a force close loop. She went to an AT&T store, and the rep told her she needed a new phone! They didn't have any in stock, but they would give her a discount on a newer model. She didn't have the money, so luckily she declined. She stopped by my apartment to ask what she should buy to replace her phone. Instead, I took her phone. cleared ADW's data, and the phone was back to normal. $350 saved.

Long story short, DON'T TRUST CARRIERS! They want your money, not to help you.
  11. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

Ice cream sandwich has flash.

As someone else stated you should not even need flash for the sites you mentioned. May be a simple suggestion but, make sure that your mobile connection is turned on.

I get the same message when my mobile network isn't connected.
  12. dholmes29

dholmes29 Member

Thanks guys. I did find it weird that an upto date phone didnt have Flash! My mobile data was on. I've managed to fix it now by working it out my self. As someone stated. These 'trained' operators are useless!