• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Starting to wish i had the iPhone back.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys. I tried, I really tried to like the Desire/Android but today I called it quits.

Aside from the problems I've listed already, the final nail in the coffin was the absolutely terrible 3G speeds. Despite having full signal strength and G, web pages loaded at a snail's pace. I even did a factory reset so even with no extra apps, web performance was WAY slower than my old iPhone 3G. If connected via wireless it was like lightning.

I've also realised that the idea of multitasking on a phone sounds great but in practice isn't as good as it first seems. Many apps I downloaded would just tottle off to the Internet and use my data allowance. This meant I had to use a program like 3G watchdog and pay more attention to my usage. Just a pain.

I've spent nearly a week messing with the phone trying to get it to do things "my way" and I'm sick of having to find 3rd party apps to make the phone do things which are already there on the iPhone. And like I already mentioned, many just look amateurish.

After all the trying, about the only thing I realised I would miss was the calendar widget.

Sorry I'm not trying to diss anyone who is happy with the phone. My friend who persuaded me to get the Desire and who is also a gadget freak like me, is frankly baffled by my decision but there you go.

It's all boxed up and ready to be posted back tomorrow. Guess now I have to rejoin the Apple collective.

Good luck all

Upvote 0
I like how most of the OP's problems with Android have to do with his own technical incompetence.

Now now, lets not take this personally. It's not for everyone, is it?

He's an iPhone user. They aren't interested in what the phone "can" do - just that it can do what they want/need it to. It wasn't right for his needs - just as the iPhone may not be right for yours.

Try to be an adult about it.

Reactions: uzetaab
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones