• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Starting Up

Vitaneon

Lurker
Dec 6, 2010
My Samsung Moment just an hour ago started an issue where it will constantly restart itself. Every time I turn it on, it will either just loop restarting or turn on my phone, but my background is replaced with a blank black screen and (no service) in the corner. If I try to unlock it, it restarts itself. Is this my phone specifically, or is it a Moment-wide thing like the odd characters in the text messages?

At this point, I'm ready to get a brand new phone. The Moment is getting on my nerves.

It sounds like you're in a boot loop. Did you install any apps just before this happened? Root the phone? Install an alternate rom? The first step would be to pull the battery, wait 30 seconds, replace it then power up. If that doesn't work, you could go into recovery and clear the caches but if those concepts are foreign to you, it might be better to go to a repair center and let them deal with it. Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones