Startup delay

Last Updated:

1. prepbgg

prepbgg Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've heard that the Hero can be very slow to start up. One reviewer even said that it took three and a half minutes to wake up from standby.

How serious is this in practice?

Advertisement
  2. nafe

nafe Well-Known Member

Chances are they were referring to switching on from a completely powered off state, not waking from standby.

3. FADviral

FADviral Well-Known Member

At 30 seconds, the HTC animations appear.
    At 60 seconds, the SenseUI home screen has appeared and you're all ready to start using it.

Install tons of apps that auto-start with the phone, and expect the home screen to take longer to appear. (Although I haven't personally ran into that problem.)

ETA: Oh yeah, and three and a half minutes to wake up from standby? lol. I call BS on whoever said that. You press the hang-up button to wake it up, and the lock screen appears in less than a second. Even if it's been in standby for hours.

4. prepbgg

@FADviral, are your 30 seconds and 60 seconds timings from a completely powered-off state?

5. FADviral

FADviral Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm not sure what other state there is to getting back to the home screen, other than standby, which takes less than a second. Seriously, the unlock screen appears instantaneously and you swipe down with your finger for the home screen. That is also instantaneous. Which is why the three and a half minutes seems utterly bizarre to me.

Before submitting this post, I'll turn the phone *completely* off and on again and time it.

Power off = Shuts completely off 3 seconds after selecting the option.

19:43:00 Power button pressed.
    19:43:31 Android Animation and audio jingle.
    19:44:04 Home Screen appears.

So I lied. It takes 1:00:04 seconds. :p

6. prepbgg

Thanks.