Startup Task killer

1. jbonetwo

jbonetwo Member

I have several apps that mysteriously startup with the phone when they seemingly dont need to (Kingosft Office for e.g.)

So I'm looking for a task killer that can run at startup and automatically kill ONLY these apps and ONLY during startup

Startup Manager and Advanced Task killer dont seem to be able to do this for whatever reason- Kingsoft Office doesnt appear in the startup manager list and Startup Kill (using delay) doesnt seem to kill on startup.

Any Suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. Pep

Pep Well-Known Member

3. Dark One

Dark One Well-Known Member Contributor

Gemini app manager is another app that will stop apps from auto-running. You need to be rooted though.
    jbonetwo likes this.
  4. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

DO NOT USE ANY TASK KILLER! It is counter-productive. This is well established and has been explained many times in this forum and all over the 'net. Let Android handle running processes and memory for you. Left alone it does an excellent job with no help.

Relax and enjoy your phone.
    jbonetwo likes this.
  5. plemonjello

plemonjello Active Member

+1 I use this and it works great if you're rooted. FYI, this isn't a task killer. It allows you to enable/disable the event triggers for each app thus preventing them from auto-starting. You don't have the overhead and counter productivity like you do with a task killer app.

Also, Android handles running processes and memory very well but developers can write some bad code. That's what makes apps like this necessary.
    Crashdamage likes this.
  6. bruce73

bruce73 Well-Known Member

Android Assistant is another with a start up manager.
  7. jbonetwo

jbonetwo Member

thanks for that. thats exactly what im looking for!