• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Static Routes in Android

I am not sure what forum i should put this in but i thought this might be the place

I am a network analyst, i currently have a moto droid, and am thinking about getting a android tablet when they mature a bit. My concern is i want to use this at work, but for this to be completly functional i need to put a static route into the system. We have a wireless network which is seperate from our wired by a router. It is all static IP based and so on to keep employess off the internet, but if you know what static route to put in you can access the systems on the wired network. Does anyone know if this is posible, i have tried looking at the system files via Astro and i havent found anything.

Any one have any ides, this would keep me from having to buy a Windows based tablet :(

I am not sure what forum i should put this in but i thought this might be the place

I am a network analyst, i currently have a moto droid, and am thinking about getting a android tablet when they mature a bit. My concern is i want to use this at work, but for this to be completly functional i need to put a static route into the system. We have a wireless network which is seperate from our wired by a router. It is all static IP based and so on to keep employess off the internet, but if you know what static route to put in you can access the systems on the wired network. Does anyone know if this is posible, i have tried looking at the system files via Astro and i havent found anything.

Any one have any ides, this would keep me from having to buy a Windows based tablet :(

Outta my league. Have you checked the forums at xda?

xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones