• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Static with Blueant V1?

This is a little strange to me that you are posting this today... the reason being that I also use the BlueAnt Z9i and have never had any problems with it until TODAY where I experienced some pretty serious static and the person on the other end was completely unable to hear me and i had to switch to the phone itself.

One thing to mention is that I only experienced this with two calls right in a row and after that everything worked perfectly.

I know this doesn't really help at all but I figured i'd let you know you aren't the only one.. at least not today.

Upvote 0
Did any of you ever get any further input on this problem? I just purchased a Droid on Friday and immediately started having this problem on my BlueAnt V1. It worked fine with my previous phone (BlackBerry Curve), but is generating terrible static with the Droid. I have found, when that happens, that shutting off the headset and re-starting it seems to eliminate the problem, but sometimes I can't even get the headset to shut down. I am curious what is causing this problem and if a solution has been identified. :(

Upvote 0
this probably doesn't help any of you guys but I've got a z91 which works fine with my droid. i also used it wiht my old blackberry curve before i got my droid and it was fine then too.

there is a "new" firmware for the z9i that might help you guys. google it up and check it out. (I never installed the new firmware - I figure if it aint broke, don't fix it...But if I had any problems like you're mentioning, the firmware would be the first place I start.)

Upvote 0
Here is a possible solution I just located on the BlueAnt website-

They advise that many of the problems with the BlueAnt headset can be rectified by re-setting the headset. I followed their instructions and the first few calls I have made have been problem-free. Validation will really only come with time, but it looks like this may have resolved the problem for me.

You can find the instructions for re-setting your BlueAnt headset at the following link:

Reset Your BlueAnt Device - BlueAnt Wireless

Upvote 0
Hello-

After my last post, the headset seemed to work for a while, then in the last couple of days I started to have problems with the static again. I contacted Blue Ant Support and they replied to my question today.

Their response was: "The V1 is not compatible with the Motorola Droid."

They gave no further explanation or comment. I ascertain that they don't have any immediate solution because my original support request included a question about whether there was a forthcoming firmware update for the headset.

This is a bummer because I really like the V1 headset.

Upvote 0
Hello-

After my last post, the headset seemed to work for a while, then in the last couple of days I started to have problems with the static again. I contacted Blue Ant Support and they replied to my question today.

Their response was: "The V1 is not compatible with the Motorola Droid."

They gave no further explanation or comment. I ascertain that they don't have any immediate solution because my original support request included a question about whether there was a forthcoming firmware update for the headset.

This is a bummer because I really like the V1 headset.

told me the same thing. On to the Q1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones