• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pipistrelle

Lurker
Mar 20, 2014
Hi Phandroid users (first post so please be kind),

I bought a second hand Huaewi G300 on ebay and I think the previous owner rooted it to its current state of B892. I am unable to install the B895 over the air update and thus not able to get subsequent offical updates to ICS.

When I attempt to install the over the air offical update to B895, I am presented with the following error report:
Checking patch files....
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system.build.prop","ac598a5a321b37d30d1ce8edafabf2c9523b859", "9ab8f4f494af0aa256193fd0a53efdae8c30ecca")
pid=114, staturs=1792
E:Error in sd/card/HwOUC.update.zip
(Status 7)
Formatting /cache....
Installation aborted.

I would be very grateful if someone could please help me solve this issue or even just explain some of the confusing code jargon. If it cannot be fixed, I'll just chalk it up to experience.

Thank you in advance
smile.png

Pipistrelle

Normally OTA updates won't install on rooted phones, because there's no telling what else has been modified (and an OTA is often a patch that only replaces code in certain places - which will not be there in a modified phone).

Try unrooting the phone, installing the OTA, then rerooting if you want a rooted phone.

Thanks for the speedy reply Rukbat :)

Is it just a case of deleting a certain folder to unroot the phone or do I need install a program to do it? As you can probably tell, the whole world of rooting confuses me :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones