Status Bar Email Notifications - Help!Support

1. karadio

karadio New Member

I just switched from the Droid X to the HTC Droid Incredible 2. When I recieve email notifications in the status bar for both corporate and personal email, the icon notifications are the same (a white envelope). On my Droid X, the corporate email notification would be blue arrows forming a circle and the personal email notification would be an envelope. How can I get the notification icons to be different so I know wheter I have corporate or personal emails? Please help!

Advertisement
    :
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to the forums.

Moving to the Droid Inc 2 subforum, users of the device may be able to provide assistance.

Is this the stock email app? With K9, you can configure that for seperate accounts, you might be able to configure differing notifications for each.
  3. karadio

karadio New Member

Yes, this is the stock email app. Apparently all email icon notifications are the same for different email accounts. I tried the K9 and with additional add on's, was able to get different notifications. However, I don't really care for it. But thank you! I'm assuming there is no way to get the standard AOL icon notification and the standard Microsoft Exchange icon notification that automatically appeared on my last phone. :(
  4. El Presidente

There's certainly no way of configuring it like that on my HTC Desire HD. If they're both using Sense 2.1, I don't suppose there's much difference in terms of software/configuration between the 2 handsets.

There is a potential workaround, but it would involve an autorule forwarding stuff to your gmail account, it might not even work. I take it that's not an option?
  5. karadio

karadio New Member

My phone installed an update this morning and to my surprise I had an AOL mail notification in the status bar. Woo Hoo! I was seriously considering going back to my Droid X because of this. Now I can enjoy my phone. Thanks for your help!
  6. El Presidente

Glad you're sorted :)