• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

STaY aWAke beWare Beware ....... WTF ?

lgh1157

Feb 26, 2010
Hi, love this board. It has helped me alot , went through the battery life post and changed all my settings. It helped some , got handcent, mobile network toggles, WiFi , gps etc etc .

Battery life was at 50% in the morning after a full night charge . Went through everything this morning and checked all settings and found this :

Settings - apps - manage apps - development - and turn off " Stay awake ".

I restarted the phone and drove to work , my sleep time was 8% .

This may have been posted before , if so .......... I apologize

Lgh

Hmmm.... I'm trying to decide what to do. I use my Eris for music/podcasts in the car, but the normal brightness is way too high at night. Most of the apps that let you adjust the screen brightness via profiles don't work because of the way Sense does things. I was setting the screen timeout really low and using Stay Awake to keep the phone on in the car. My battery life is pretty bad - but I don't want to adjust the brightness manually every time either... Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
Hmmm.... I'm trying to decide what to do. I use my Eris for music/podcasts in the car, but the normal brightness is way too high at night. Most of the apps that let you adjust the screen brightness via profiles don't work because of the way Sense does things. I was setting the screen timeout really low and using Stay Awake to keep the phone on in the car. My battery life is pretty bad - but I don't want to adjust the brightness manually every time either... Any suggestions?
Try screeble in the market

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones