Stay with Droid?

Last Updated:

1. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I was waiting for the Tegra 2 Motorola phone coming out next year. But the Nexus S looks really sweet, won't have moto blur, and is Samsung. I do have an upgrade available (since Feb.). Would you guys stay with Droid 1 and keep waiting, or get the Nexus S when it comes out?

Advertisement
  2. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

1ghz ain't all that sweet, as a matter of fact, by next year it will be slow :)

I wont change until a dual-core comes and the Nexus S doesn't meet that requirement.

3. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

+1 gimme LTE and dual core and I will switch. The differences will not be that great until then. Heck with all the new roms out there I still really cant tell the difference in performance from FRG22D.

4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Don't even think its coming out for Verizon. Somebody prove me wrong?

5. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting until Feb/Mar to upgrade. Some really cool Android phones (LTE, dual core, proton lasers) should hit by then ... we'll see. Waiting is an endless game. But if there was ever a time to wait, it's right now.

6. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

well, if we are throwing out specs, I would like a pico projector keyboard :)

7. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

He is right. There is a post on engadget that says the Nexus S has HSPA and will obviously go to TMobile.

8. BlueIce5249

Carrier doesn't matter to me. But I just read that there is no microSD slot, so I'm waiting.

9. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

My wife had the Captivate. We were not impressed. She returned it after three weeks. Went back to iPhone.

10. MaxPacker

MaxPacker Well-Known Member

Really? A buddy of mine at work just got one and I was blown away. It made me realize, for the first time, that I'm playing with outdated stuff. Even with 1.25ghz and 2.2, my Droid has no where near the polish of the Captivate.

Kind of sad, really. But I'm like you guys, and I'll be waiting for LTE/dual core before I switch phones. The Fascinate/Captivate, DX, and D2 aren't THAT much better than what I got, and with LTE and dual core processors on the horizon, I think it's much better to wait.

I might even wait for the second wave of LTE and dual core, because invariably there are going to be battery issues and network issues. Let everyone else do the testing!

11. BlueIce5249

I'm not waiting for LTE. 3G is just fine and I don't feel like paying anymore and not having unlimited data. I just want a better phone.

12. MaxPacker

MaxPacker Well-Known Member

Well then just being honest, I say go ahead and get the Nexus S.

It's hard to turn down Google Phone's actual PHONE, am I right? If you're not concerned about leaving Verizon and hopping carriers, and 4g doesn't interest you too much, then I'd say this is a done deal.

People often talk bad about Samsung in regards to Android, but I think it's a really good move for both companies. And personally, I thought the experience was way more polished on the Captivate/Fascinate than my brother's Droid X.

If you're going to move on to greener pastures, I think it's wise to move on to a phone that's meant to be rooted and played with... and oh by the way, has software priority.

13. BlueIce5249

That's exactly what I was thinking. I know it won't ever be locked down with bloatware like blur. BUT with no MicroSD card, there's no way I'll get it.

14. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

it may not be locked down w/ blur, but all samsungs minue the nexus s have touch wiz and bing installed on it