• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Steambirds - GREAT game!

hydralisk

Sep 23, 2010
Philleh
Hey guys. I just stumbled across a fantastic game on appbrain that I MUUUUST post about. Because that's what we do here.

Hokay so... STEAMBIRDS is sorta like this turn-based airplane combat game full of awesome. Any screenshots you see of this game will not do it justice because I had no idea what was going on when I first saw them. A typical level has you starting out with 2-3 planes and you see the enemy. Sometimes they are in front of you, sometimes behind. You both plan out what your turn is going to be. Then you press end turn and the plans fly to their destination and shoot if an enemy is in the path. You also have skills you can use... like super speed, a shield, dropping a bomb or firing missiles. If this game had multiplayer, I would do naughty things to my phone at night.

Screenshots from appbrain:

steambirds.jpg

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones