Steampunk live wallpaper?

Last Updated:

1. IamBob

IamBob New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know if there is a Steampunk Live Wallpaper? Moving Cogs would just be awesome :D

Advertisement
  2. Stormwave

Stormwave Member

I tried looking around for one for ages, I love that style too. Couldn't find anything though. I was planning on making one at some point in the near future, so I'll let you know when I do :)

3. NexuSix

NexuSix Well-Known Member

you mean like this one?
    [​IMG]
    http://goo.gl/1QAL

found originally here

If anybody knows how to turn this into a Live Wallpaper that would be awesome, but you should get formal permission from the creator linked above.

4. IamBob

Yup! something like that would be awesome

5. semmtexx

semmtexx Active Member

LOL that one is kind of wack though!

6. wabbitt1970

wabbitt1970 Well-Known Member

I can do something like this. I already have some tourbillon clock live wallpapers on the market so adpating it to do these simpler cogs without telling the actual time would be pretty easy.

I'll start now. I don't think I'll do the same as above in case of copyright, but I'll do something along the same lines.

Here's a link

I agree with semmtexx... that example isn't great. I'm sure we can come up with something better

7. wabbitt1970

There you go.. All done and dusted in just under two hours by the time I started it :)

Search for it in the Market. It's very basic at the minute, you can only change the frames per second to relieve CPU use, although I did take the time to add scrolling into it.

I think I might develop this further when I get more time and make it a full working timepiece.

Hope its at least a little bit like you wanted.

Cheers,
    Dean (time for a pint or two now)

Attached Files:

8. NexuSix

Thanks it looks very nice, I was wondering if you could develop a few more Live wallpapers, based on Open Source enlightenment 17 animated backgrounds:

1. Circuit with a working 7-segment led-style clock display, circuit diagram included.; License: Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 (originally found here: GET-E.org - Art for your e17 desktop experience! )

[​IMG]

2. Nixie Steampunk background with animated nixie tube clock that tells the system time. Based off 'circuit'. License: GPL (originally found here: GET-E.org - Art for your e17 desktop experience! )

[​IMG]

I for one would gladly pay for a Circuit type live wallpaper.

Attached Files:

9. NexuSix

btw I just installed your steampunk live wallpaper and it is pretty darn, awesome!

I love it!

if you develop it further please leave this one as is, and maybe a paid version with more advanced options

10. IamBob

sorry for being a noob, but I looked up "Steampunk" and "Steampunk Wallpaper" on the market and didn't see it.

11. wabbitt1970

Thanks for the thanks haha. If I develop this one any further I'll do a seperate apk file and item on the market. For now I'll leave this one as it is.

I can certainly develop something like that.

I'm off on my holidays this week and won't be doing anything for a few weeks but I'll certainly look at it when I get back.

It's weird you aren't seeing it on the market. I've uploaded it here for you. Remember you need 2.1 or higher.

Attached Files:

Diablo2k and IamBob like this.
  12. IamBob

Wow, I'm a complete jerk for not saying thank you. my apologies. This is what I get for posting a message right before I goto sleep.

But seriously thank you so much.

13. wabbitt1970

Whoops. I was thanking NexuSix for his thanks lol. Don't worry about it. I did this paper because I thought it would be fun.

I wish I could have put more frames of animation in because it's a little clunky but the apk file would have doubled so I left it. If I'd animated each cog with a bitmap rotation it would have killed the CPU, so I think this is the best in-between option (Android phones hate rotating too many large bitmaps). Seems a russian comment doesn't like it too much (Ее бесплатно обои. Смиритесь с этим.)

I might work on the cog animation a little more to see just how much it strains the cpu.

14. NexuSix

Your Welcome :)

That would be greatly appreciated, if you get a chance to burn a live CD of an e17 distro, you could see those live wallpapers in action.

I am mostly interested in the circuit live wallpaper, something minimal and simple.

I did a search for 'steampunk' and it came right up, but I am using the updated Android Market on Froyo 2.2 build# FRF91.

Thanks again and have a great 2 weeks off :)

15. tech-ninja

tech-ninja New Member

Bumping this thread to keep it alive.

I'm watching for a new development. :)

Already running the current wabbitt developed steampunk live wallpaper and pretty impressed with it, however can anyone tell me how to adjust my fps?

Got a Desire HD, only got it yesterday.

Cheers,

techninja

16. vretil

vretil Member

I found a live wallpaper by Quality Themes called Steampunk Gears LWP. It's the best, smoothest lag free wallpaper Ive ever used. I haven't noticed much battery use from it. It looks super crisp and clear. I love it. I also have a theme from Quality Themes and its also great looking. You should take a look. I love it and I was so impressed that I tell people about it whenever I get the chance.