Steinheil AF film pics - close-upsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. thejoker

thejoker Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ugh. Sorry if a thread with detailed pics has been posted already, but here's some definitive proof of the blur this film causes. The first two pics are from a naked phone, the last two are with the protector on. As you can see, individual pixels (and subpixels on the full-sized images I had) are clearly visible on a naked phone, while they blur into each other with the AF film.

I had hope for this film, but perhaps the high-res screens just don't work as well with anti-glare films...

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. WizeGuyDezignz

WizeGuyDezignz Well-Known Member

Horrible. I wish I had more hands so I could give that screen protector 4 thumbs down!

3. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Well-Known Member

Well isnt this a known trade off for anti finger print protectors?

4. thejoker

Quick close-up of my iPod Touch with a Power Support anti-glare screen protector. You can see pixel outlines (and some scratches on the right side :p) easily. It's like the protector is not even there.

Attached Files:

5. itsTee

itsTee Well-Known Member

its a given with the anti fingerprint protectors.. thats why i got a crystal clear one..

6. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

close up of course there will be some "blur"
    overall its not that bad at all. the matte glass feel is something no other protectors have.

ive also ordered the crystal clear and will compare myself..but very happy with the AF so far

7. Jermflux

Jermflux Active Member

+1

8. thejoker

Well.. it looks like a haze across the screen from normal viewing distances.. Keep blinking a few times every time I turn on the screen to make sure it's not my eyes. The close-up pics just confirm that it is actually blurry and not just an illusion or something.. :/

Like I said, that's not what my experience has been with anti-glare protectors in the past.