Steinheil Anti-Fingerprint ReviewAccessories

Last Updated:

1. mmisterio

mmisterio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Got mine today and it was a breeze to apply them. However, I am extremely disappointed in the loss of clarity. It is very noticeable. I am going to give the AF a trial run for the next few days and see how well it performs in the sun before I make a decision whether to try the CC which I ordered as well.

Advertisement
  2. 1967ls2

1967ls2 Well-Known Member

I ordered the CC about two days ago. I'm looking forward to trying it out. So installation was pretty easy then? No issue?

3. Chase265

Chase265 Member

I felt the same way...had the AF on for a couple of hours and couldn't stand the blurriness that it caused so off it went and on went the CC, much happier with it now

4. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

One tip for AG users, white bg's look repulsive with AG protectors. If you can flip most of your apps to dark mode it will help you adjust more quickly.

I was surprised at how much more distortion there is on the Inc with them vs my last couple of bb's, though.

Haven't decided which way I am going to go; I am planning on letting Swype decide ;)

5. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

The AF was awesome in the fact that it felt great and there were not fingerprints. EVER! However, it was just so blurry. Heck, I paid for my high res screen, and I'm gonna use it.

Crystal Clear in the mail. Hopefully fingerprints won't get on.

6. RedCamaroZSS

RedCamaroZSS Active Member

I have the AF and it seemed to be more clear after a few days of use. It's still far from crystal, but its better than it was initially. The texture feels awesome, so that's a plus. I did order a CC on the 14th (for some reason still haven't received it, and the other one came in 3 days... grrrr), so I'll see what I like better.

7. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review mmisterio. I have both the AF and the Crystal and have used both for a week now interchanging them. The AF is not as bad as I initially thought in my picture comparo thread HERE ... I think you just get used to it not that it clears up any. It is outstanding against finger prints, ear grease, glare, and it's excellent for swypers.

I did however just receive a Boxwave ClearTouch AF screen protector in the mail today. I will try it this weekend and update my thread with my thoughts. It certainly does look like a "middle of the road" between the Stein AF and Crystal which could be perfect!

One thing I do love about the Steinheils is that you can remove and install remove and install over and over :) maybe they are all like that though.

8. dsauch

dsauch Active Member

i bought a cheap set of accessories of ebay, cable/plug/case/etc and 3 no-name screen protectors
    fit perfect (except small bubble in upper conner, but i cant see it under sleeve).
    no blurriness of any sort - as if its not there

9. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

Crystal clear on mine is great. I have heard several people with the same issues with the AF though

10. mmisterio

The reason I prefer the idea of a AG is because for example, today I was using Google maps to navigate my way to the dentist office and I couldn't see the screen unless I stopped in the shade somewhere. :cool:

11. MTC

MTC Well-Known Member

I installed my steinheil AF yesterday and I personally love it. I can't tell that it is blurry at all. I love the feel of it too. Swype is amazing with it. It's not any worse in the sunlight than it was without a protector. It was very easy to install too. No bubbles but a few pieces of dust. All I did to fix that was pickup the corner with tape and then touch the dust with the tap and it fixed it right up.

I would like to try the crystal clear to see how clear it really makes the screen, but right now i'm fine with not ever having to wipe off a fingerprint and using swype with ease.

12. tehmonker

tehmonker Active Member

Please Do

13. mmisterio

its noticeably blurrier. I feel like I'm drunk when I look at my phone.

14. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

i got my Steinheil CC today....after applied...i dont even notice it...at first i though i accidentally remove it, but it was on the screen all time.......CC is the best. also, i used all day and found no finger print on the CC screen protector.

15. thejoker

thejoker Active Member

Yeah, it's good for stopping fingerprints... Have a Crystal Clear in the mail though. I can't stand the blurriness. From my experience it's almost unusable in the sun as well... Too bad, the texture is awesome.

16. rgr555

rgr555 Well-Known Member

loving the AF but might switch it for CC, still waiting in the mail for it

the texture makes the AF all worthwhile though..the CC really has to be great for me to switch it..glad they give us 2 with each for us to decide :)

17. PossumK

PossumK Well-Known Member

I had the Boxwave ClearTouch Anti-Glare on my Droid Eris for a few weeks and could not stand the loss of clarity and sharpness. Reading all of the posts about the Steinheil AF, it sounds like they're pretty much the same with regard to pros and cons. I switched to the Boxwave ClearTouch Crystal and much prefer living with the clarity of this over the benefits of the Anti-Glare version. I've already ordered and received the Boxwave Crystal for my backorderd Incredible.

18. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Yeah...well I'll find out this wknd and post some comparo pics. I figure if it's the same as the Stein AF then I'll just keep the boxwave AF on for a while and give it a trial run. At the least I hope the pics can help others make a decision.

19. mmisterio

Which did you prefer between the 2 SGPs?

20. renesis22

renesis22 Well-Known Member

Just got my CC yesterday after ordering it on Monday! E-mailed SGP whether they could send the protector as soon as they were in stock and they immediately sent it the day of~

My impressions...

I have no idea that there is even a screen protector on my phone :D Installation was pretty easy. I took a shower before going to work and brought my phone inside. Applied the CC in the steamy bathroom and got it on almost perfectly. You just need to take it a bit slow when applying it and make sure you wipe down the screen well (preferably with a glass' microfiber, not the one that is supplied in the package).

I have three tiny carpet strings that got under, but I'm going to try the scotch tape method to get them out. But with the screen on, they disappear anyways. The only areas that have lift are right around the optical trackpad, but they're in a cool looking shape so I don't mind it :p

The CC and the cheap rubber case I bought are working great! More protection, more grip and better feel.

21. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

I think the CC does a decent job keeping off fingerprints anyways (much better than w/o or w/the Verizon screen protectors!).

22. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

The Crystal has the edge...the AF is blurry but it's so nice to not have smudges. I'm still deciding :p