Steinheil Crystal Clear VS Anti-FingerprintAccessories

Last Updated:

1. bigtex19

bigtex19 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright so I have a crystal clear on my phone right now and its starting to peel up a little so there is an opportunity for change lol. I love the crystal clear but do get annoyed with the constant wiping off of the fingerprints. I would like to try an anti fingerprint but I don't want to distort the display at all, and one of my favorite things about this phone is the amazing display. Just looking for some feedback of whether there isn't really any distortion from the anti fingerprint or not. Thanks for the help

Advertisement
  2. SLKStang

SLKStang Member

I had ordered both because I was in a similar position of "smear vs. clear" I started with the Anti-Fingerprint. It was as advertised, very difficult to smudge. But, in the few hours that I kept it on, first I could hear my finger moving against it. Strange to have an audible sound from swiping. And second, I got fed up with feeling like I wasn't wearing my glasses while trying to read the screen. It makes it just fuzzy enough.

I'm sticking with the Crystal and the smears.

3. bigtex19

bigtex19 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

See that's what I was afraid of. Being just that little bit blurry would just piss me off

4. Napalm

Napalm Well-Known Member

I didn't mind the fingerprints as i felt that is part of life with a touch screen product. However, I also didn't want to sacrifice visual quality either. When I looked at Anti-fingerprint products on screens I see a slight degradation. But more importantly I see issues in bright light or outside.

So this made my choice easy and I went Ultra Clear. Haven't looked back, wipeing the phone is easy and finger movements are very smooth.

5. firetruck41

firetruck41 Well-Known Member

I believe the way that they create an "anti-fingerprint" type film is by making it have a matte finish, which will make it "blurry". But how blurry is it exactly? It is probably tolerable for some who are bugged by fingerprints, but something you will have to see/try, to know if it will be acceptable to you.

6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

I ordered both the Crystal and AF films... Initially I installed the Crystal but it didn't stay on the phone for long. I simply didn't like the Crystal or it's finish. or the fact that it's a fingerprint magnet. I removed it and installed the anti-fingerprint which has been on my phone continuously since that date. So far I'm still satisfied with the AF! The matte finish doesn't bother me whatsoever.

7. Araxen

Araxen Well-Known Member

I just got my Anti-Fingerprint today and I like it better than the Crystal Clear one I had. The finger grease that accumulates so easily on the crystal clear drove me crazy to no end. I just got it so I reserve the right to change my opinion tomorrow when it goes under a full day of use. lol

8. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

The Crystal is far superior in my opinion, it's looks and feels like there is no screen protector on, some people don't believe me that I have one on when I show them. I don't find it gets a lot of fingerprints and they are easy to wipe off. The anti fingerprint took away from the beautiful screen in my opinion. The choice is clear, crystal clear

9. Araxen

Araxen Well-Known Member

My clear was a fingerprint magnet and I had to use some sort of cleaning solution(I used lcd cleaning stuff) to get ride of the finger grease. A simple kleenex doesn't get rid of the finger grease you have to use some sort of cleaner.